Can we all hope for better guns?

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Can we all hope for better guns?

Post by hvj1 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:29 am

Thanks Brihaji, Yes we need that 'spark' to set the prairie on fire. :D And please do convey your thoughts.

For Advertising mail webmaster
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:48 am

Gentlemen, it is quite possible that we might see a modernisation of the Indian arms industry, in order to make better equipment for the armed forces.

However, on the subject of easing out licensing norms, making True RKBA possible, I have my doubts. The political class, irrespective of party affiliation, is more or less tarred with the same brush (with a few honourable exceptions). They would much rather keep us in a quasi-colonial state of slavery (to use an American term, "sheeple"). As long as we are dependent on maai-baap sarkaar, these guys can run their own show. And to be truly dependent on someone, you need to lack the ability to fight back.

Added to this, is the fabled Indian Bureaucracy. Once called the "steel frame", it is now a "steel cage" holding back the aspirations (not only related to arms) of free-thinking Indians. Do you honestly imagine your friendly neighbourhood DM or SP is going to give a letter saying that "80% of the population in my area are law-abiding citizens and it is safe to issue licenses to them"?? These guys will remain, whichever government may come to power. And I was once told by an ex-IAS officer that the first thing they are told when they join the academy at Dehradoon is that "you are the best in the country and you only are fit to govern it". Don't know whether the old guy was pulling my leg, but this kind of mental indoctrination is what leads to the arrogance and hubris of the guys in the safari suits.

Fingers crossed, as usual!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by bandukbhandar » Tue May 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Vikram wrote:While collectively Indian shotgun manufacturers produce 10,000 guns, their individual quotas are very small which just do not make financial sense to invest in CNC machines,etc.
ICCHHA POOR factory
Good one!
The manufacturer in Bellary has a quota of about 4,000 guns per annum. Similarly the manufacturer in Jodhpur has same quota. Even there are a few in Jammu, who have their quotas in excess of 1,000 guns per annum.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue May 20, 2014 3:46 pm

bandukbhandar wrote:The manufacturer in Bellary has a quota of about 4,000 guns per annum. Similarly the manufacturer in Jodhpur has same quota. Even there are a few in Jammu, who have their quotas in excess of 1,000 guns per annum.
Thank you for the correction! Good to know that.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:35 pm

essdee1972 wrote: And I was once told by an ex-IAS officer that the first thing they are told when they join the academy at Dehradoon is that "you are the best in the country and you only are fit to govern it".
Hangover of the Colonial past.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Tue May 20, 2014 10:14 pm

hvj1 wrote:
essdee1972 wrote: And I was once told by an ex-IAS officer that the first thing they are told when they join the academy at Dehradoon is that "you are the best in the country and you only are fit to govern it".
Hangover of the Colonial past.
Or on-training motivational speech taken rather verbatim :lol:

I would think that the "sports category" will be looked upon with favor and less of cage/frame rather than blanket dole out for all and sundry under "RKBA". Though I hope to see a bit of relaxation under RKBA extended to non-ballistic arms; however carrying and display in public places would still be a "no-no".