Meet my family (Smith & Wesson, Brno, Winchester) Brno added

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Re: Meet my family (Smith & Wesson, Brno, Winchester) Pic He

Post by Moin. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:26 pm

Woa, that's a huge hand cannon. You carry this often Bowman. Mr.Smith sure is a handsome lad.

Best
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

For Advertising mail webmaster
BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:26 pm

TC wrote:In case snap caps are difficult to obtain right now just take out the projectiles from some CCI ammo and use the cases for dry fire.
I tried this but realized the chambers are made to such tight tolerances that brass that has expanded by firing even once does not go back in the the chambers. The only option with used brass is to either resize it or remove the bullet and powder without firing (and also deforming) the cartridge and then using it as snap caps.
How about mr smith ?
How about WildBill :wink: but you know I love my bows too....

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:28 pm

liljake82 wrote:Very nice! I'm a sucker for a vintage Smith!
I too, any good revolver for that matter.

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Moin. wrote:Woa, that's a huge hand cannon. You carry this often Bowman. Mr.Smith sure is a handsome lad.

Best
Moin.
It's not particularly suited to concealed carry Moin, but it can be carried for sure and there is always something special about a square butt K frame revolver protruding from your hip. :wink:

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:44 pm

BowMan wrote:
TC wrote:In case snap caps are difficult to obtain right now just take out the projectiles from some CCI ammo and use the cases for dry fire.
I tried this but realized the chambers are made to such tight tolerances that brass that has expanded by firing even once does not go back in the the chambers. The only option with used brass is to either resize it or remove the bullet and powder without firing (and also deforming) the cartridge and then using it as snap caps.
How about mr smith ?
How about WildBill :wink: but you know I love my bows too....
WildBill probably you did not get me. That's exactly what I said, pulling out the projectile and powder from live ammo and use the case. That's why I said the first shot will give you some smoke because the primer would still be there. Ok try this. See if someone has dust shot rounds. The mouth of the case is crimped in these and its easy to cut the mouth open with a metal cutter. But of course nothing can replace snap caps.

Cheers
TC

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Meet my family (Smith & Wesson, Brno, Winchester) Brno a

Post by BowMan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Okay Friends,

I am sure you must have enjoyed the revolver because it is time now to meet a Bohemian beauty.

This one is perhaps one of the most desired .22 bolt action rifles available in India and I believe even in other countries CZ Zbrojovka or Brno as it was formerly know has a reputation for making fine, sturdy and practical firearms.

The Brno Model 2 is really a very pretty rifle and it would not look out of place sitting among bigger centre fire girls. In fact it is quiet heavy for a .22 LR weighing in at about 3Kgs.

There are some people who believe papers do not add any value to a firearm and there are some that think otherwise. This particular rifle is not only in 99% original condition but it has the original Factory Test Target, Manual, Warranty Card and some other paperwork.

Interestingly the Test Target is dated 28 Dubna (April) 1968) which implies this girl is 44 years, 8 months, and 9 days old!

Because of a rifles size it is always a bit difficult to capture her beauty with a camera. Please forgive the poorer photography this time round.

I hope you all enjoy this one folks and please share your comments.

:cheers:
DSC_0433.JPG
DSC_0435.JPG
DSC_0436.JPG
DSC_0437.JPG
DSC_0441.JPG
DSC_0442.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Good rifle in a very good nick despite its age. I like Brnos.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Thats a great looking rifle never seen one like this in India also take TC advise and change the avatar to Mr Smith who has mrs Smith a czech beauty as a partner..now the story about your collection heirlooms bought them etc?

Best

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 am

ngrewal wrote:Thats a great looking rifle never seen one like this in India also take TC advise and change the avatar to Mr Smith who has mrs Smith a czech beauty as a partner..now the story about your collection heirlooms bought them etc?

Best
So you see now See Bowman aka WildBill I told you so ..... ROTFL ROTFL

By the way your Brno is a real beauty and in excellent shape ... But, since I have used Brnos all my life I still think the Model 1 is the best of all. I am sure agree

Cheers
TC

PS: To people who really understand and appreciate the value of firearms any original paper ... test target, manual etc.. are precious. And, in your case it is impossible to believe that the rifle is 44 years old. Seems like its very rarely used and never taken to the fields/jungles. Another prized possession

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Vikram wrote:Good rifle in a very good nick despite its age. I like Brnos.

Best-
Vikram
Let me rephrase it for you mate. I LOVE Brnos... :D

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:01 pm

ngrewal wrote:Thats a great looking rifle never seen one like this in India also take TC advise and change the avatar to Mr Smith who has mrs Smith a czech beauty as a partner..now the story about your collection heirlooms bought them etc?

Best
It's not over yet mate, I'll be bring up another beauty next weekend for you all to enjoy. So watch this space.
Last edited by BowMan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:05 pm

TC wrote:PS: To people who really understand and appreciate the value of firearms any original paper ... test target, manual etc.. are precious. And, in your case it is impossible to believe that the rifle is 44 years old. Seems like its very rarely used and never taken to the fields/jungles. Another prized possession
I agree mate original paperwork can add to the value of a gun but only if it is ascertained to be original and matched. Sadly there are many dealers in India who tout their offerings with supposedly original boxes, accessories, paperwork etc. but after a good look at these I have to gladly tell them to give the gun and retain everything else :wink:

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:29 pm

BowMan wrote:
TC wrote:PS: To people who really understand and appreciate the value of firearms any original paper ... test target, manual etc.. are precious. And, in your case it is impossible to believe that the rifle is 44 years old. Seems like its very rarely used and never taken to the fields/jungles. Another prized possession
I agree mate original paperwork can add to the value of a gun but only if it is ascertained to be original and matched. Sadly there are many dealers in India who tout their offerings with supposedly original boxes, accessories, paperwork etc. but after a good look at these I have to gladly tell them to give the gun and retain everything else :wink:
:agree: Bowman Till several years ago (read till I got my colt) I was the proud owner of a brand new .32 Beretta Model 70. By brand new I mean the original importer, an aged gentleman whom I knew, never fired a round, kept it int the original box along with the barrel cleaning brush (still have it), a soft leather pistol case (have that too), the company booklet, product brochure, a warranty card written in Italian with the pistol's serial number punched into it with a punch machine (the kind used in time offices of old companies to register entry and exit of workers), an international warranty card all kept in a small plastic envelope. And of course the second magazine. It was a fantastic pistol and I know I will never be able to buy this whole package ever again in my lifetime. But, at that time I was in dire straits and sold all of that for just Rs 3.5 lakh. It was 2005 I think. :( :( :(

Cheers
TC

PS : I miss my Beretta...

liljake82
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by liljake82 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Very sharp rifle! Beautiful bluing, and while not all that fancy, an excellent piece of wood. Very nice!
Nemo me impune lacessit

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks for appreciating Jake...