Cutting Down a Tree with a Machine Gun

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Cutting Down a Tree with a Machine Gun

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:53 pm

A friend pointed me to the following video:

Fun, anyone? ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cutting Down a Tree with a Machine Gun

Post by MoA » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:07 am

Waste of a tree... and ammo... but cool video

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:58 am

MoA wrote:Waste of a tree... and ammo... but cool video
+1
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:25 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

Here is another one from mythbusters
Cheers
Mandeep

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:31 pm

The first video contradicts what the Mythbusters claimed.Basically that you can do it only with a Minigun.Also the tree that the Mythbusters cut down is a dried up stump.The Maxim cut down a green tree.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:41 pm

My neighbours tree is jutting into my house .Not only I have to take care of the rotten leaves falling in my drive way but also the perpetual darkness in the rooms. No amount of reasoning makes the lady under stand that the tree is a nuisance to me. The wall which we share was virtually tilted by about 35 degrees. The result about 100 feet of the drive way wall had to be reconstructed with RCC pillars . Any idea if there was a way of getting the tree chopped / or atleast the branches trimmed. Any idea whats the rule in Delhi regarding the cutting of trees....the only rule I know is that we can't use the machine gun

(

shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadowphaxone » Sat May 02, 2009 3:30 pm

mundaire wrote:A friend pointed me to the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/Q2jdlfmaHuk

Fun, anyone? ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Wouldn't it be cheaper to cut it down with an axe than this....Nice video tough, goes on to prove that it's worth to the people who can afford it... :D :mrgreen: :D
There are no limits to a man's curious intelligence if he is determined to succeed...

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Sat May 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Its not the cost of cutting the tree but the concept that is shown or proved here.
Cheers
Mandeep

shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadowphaxone » Sun May 03, 2009 11:05 am

msandhu wrote:Its not the cost of cutting the tree but the concept that is shown or proved here.
Cheers
Mandeep
Yup,
i saw the video properly and know its content. I just expressed my feeling on the process...that's all.

Cheers :D :mrgreen: :D
There are no limits to a man's curious intelligence if he is determined to succeed...

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sun May 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Well, I have been regularly gathering the fat green mangoes hanging on my neighbour's tree with my Feinwerkbau C-10 pistol by shooting their stems off. I do this with a proper solid rest off my window frame and manage to drop at an average of about four mangoes in a dozen shots from a distance of four to six meters. A very thrilling exercise for me and my servants. My neighbour is still trying to locate the stealthy mango thief. Certainly more fruitful (pun intended) then cutting down a poor living tree. :D
Cheers!!!
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadowphaxone » Mon May 04, 2009 6:00 am

marksman wrote:Well, I have been regularly gathering the fat green mangoes hanging on my neighbour's tree with my Feinwerkbau C-10 pistol by shooting their stems off. I do this with a proper solid rest off my window frame and manage to drop at an average of about four mangoes in a dozen shots from a distance of four to six meters. A very thrilling exercise for me and my servants. My neighbour is still trying to locate the stealthy mango thief. Certainly more fruitful (pun intended) then cutting down a poor living tree. :D
Cheers!!!
Marksman

A very 'HEALTHY' exercise indeed.....by the by, how do you recover the mangoes??? Don't they fall back on to your neighbors yard?....Hope your neighbor is not a member of IFG !!!...He might take an interest into shooting & airguns as a precautionary measure to counter the thieving magpie... :D :mrgreen: :D

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Mon May 04, 2009 7:14 am

Heh...heh... Unfortunately for my neighbour, most of the mangoes hover on top of my compound because that is the only way the tree can soak in the sun. The biggest advantage I have is that they loom at height of my shooting window. My guy, in a very casual manner stands right under the intended mango to be shot at and catches it as it falls. Well, not always, we do end up with "mango split" at times but its a lot of fun never the less. Stolen mangoes always taste better you see. One has to be real fortunate to be able to indulge in this kind of sporting activity in a concrete jungle of Mumbai and I surely am.
Marksman

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon May 04, 2009 10:32 am

Stolen sweets are always sweeter,
Stolen kisses much completer,
Stolen looks are nice in chapels,
Stolen, stolen be your apples.

When to bed the world are bobbing,
Then's the time for orchard robbing;
Yet the fruit were scarce worth peeling
Were it not for stealing, stealing.

;)
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Mon May 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Don't remember when I wrote this one,....old age catching up I guess.
A very sweet poem mundeire. :)
Cheers!!!
Marksman

shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadowphaxone » Mon May 04, 2009 6:23 pm

marksman wrote:Heh...heh... Unfortunately for my neighbour, most of the mangoes hover on top of my compound because that is the only way the tree can soak in the sun. The biggest advantage I have is that they loom at height of my shooting window. My guy, in a very casual manner stands right under the intended mango to be shot at and catches it as it falls. Well, not always, we do end up with "mango split" at times but its a lot of fun never the less. Stolen mangoes always taste better you see. One has to be real fortunate to be able to indulge in this kind of sporting activity in a concrete jungle of Mumbai and I surely am.
Marksman
Surely surely, one of a kind of sports,entertainment & fun. :wink: