My Canadian PAL

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My Canadian PAL

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Thank you very much TC for your good wishes and your 70 mm view of my 'future' collection! :lol:

I truly appreciate it TC - but I must admit, reluctantly, and agree with you that I must procure a somewhat larger and more formidable resting place to display this awesome, dream arsenal.

You will understand when I say that currently, I am limited by a very slight insufficiency. As a single person I am limited to the - display area in situ - aka a 'single bed'! :lol:

I am sure I can rectify this soon enough - as soon as I can figure out, the math - the eternal equation! Guns or Gal?! :wink: ROTFL
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:13 pm

ckkalyan wrote:
I am sure I can rectify this soon enough - as soon as I can figure out, the math - the eternal equation! Guns or Gal?! :wink: ROTFL
The secret is to have so many guns that when you bring a new one in, she doesn't realize it.

"Oh this one"? "I've had it for a while".
...a while could be anything from a few minutes to a few years. :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

shooter.177cal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter.177cal » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:32 am

congrats for PAL.
your help is required, please answer my query.

Can a person coming to Canada for studying (3 year course) on study visa (or known as TRV- temporary resident visa) bring his pellet firing target air pistol to Canada?

target air pistols specifications:

Caliber: 4.5mm or .177 cal
Weight: 1020 gram
Total Length: 410 mm
Total Height: 140 mm
Total Width: 50 mm
Barrel Length: 240 mm
Number of Riflings: 12
Average Bullet Speed: 155 m/s
Energy of bullet if using 7.56 grain pellet - 5.8847 Joules

I was reading Canadian firearm classification and I concluded following:

1. this air pistol is firearm because average bullet speed is more than 152.4 m/s and muzzle energy of more than 5.7 joules.
2. this is a restricted firearm because it is a handgun which is not under prohibited category.'

Am I correct?? also, answer the question written in starting of this post.

you help will be respected. thank you.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:40 am

ckkalyan wrote: As a single person I am limited to the - display area in situ - aka a 'single bed'! :lol:
Kalyan,
> In these days of Electronic Widgets & lingo you may begin with "2G" & escalate to "3G" (Gun, Gal, Glory) :lol:
Briha

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:30 am

Hi shooter.177cal,

You are correct in your conclusion; you cannot bring your airpistol as it exceeds the FPS. I had to regretfully give up my nice collection of Co2 Airguns due to this rule, when I came to Canada in 2009.

However, there maybe other options that you could look at as a visitor / temporary resident of Canada

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/info ... ex-eng.htm

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks for the suggestions and links farook

:lol: Good ones - xl_target and brihacharan! :lol:

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:53 pm

ckkalyan wrote:Thank you very much TC for your good wishes and your 70 mm view of my 'future' collection! :lol:

I truly appreciate it TC - but I must admit, reluctantly, and agree with you that I must procure a somewhat larger and more formidable resting place to display this awesome, dream arsenal.

You will understand when I say that currently, I am limited by a very slight insufficiency. As a single person I am limited to the - display area in situ - aka a 'single bed'! :lol:

Dada,
Whatever you do I am always there to cheer and support :D :D
As for the Guns or Gal issue .... my personal experience says both works fine as long as you have a silencer for the later as well ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Will work on a better 70mm vision on photoshop this weekend... :lol:

:cheers:

TC

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:14 pm

:lol: Han-Ji, han-ji (2-G, 3-G, 4-G) Kya Ji? All these G's - truly great ones! Personally I haven't tried beyond 4 G's, as for the rest we shall have to check with 007 in Moonraker - that's some G's (Dr. Goodnight)!? ROTFL

[youtube][/youtube]

Many thanks for your good cheer and support TC - I have been getting a distinct feeling of late, that I have been missing a few mm of your natural and famous 70+ mm; I would surely admire to talk to you some day and - widen my perspective?? :lol: