Name on voting list or voter card!

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Shergill
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Name on voting list or voter card!

Post by Shergill » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:01 pm

Hi

I just turned 21 and wanted to apply for new arms license but authorities say i must have my name on voting list or have a voters card,i have my ration card ,passport , driving license etc ,is it true i must have a voter card or name on voting list?

Thank you

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:21 pm

Shergill,

It's probably true for your area/jurisdiction. I was not asked to provide this.

Mack The Knife

Shergill
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Shergill » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:59 pm

It means i am of legal age to have firearms license but i cannot acquire one for simply beacuse there was no elections now and i could not have my name on voting list ,there must be a way out.

Best Regards

Uday

tutsamewasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tutsamewasa » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:05 pm

Well Udai There is no such rule as far as I know. But there is one rule on unsaid policy to avoide giving licence as much as they can and thas is why they would try to find any point possible to say know.

One interesting issue happened with me was I had got my .22 License stamped from collector and still that Babu wanted me to get my photo attested which was pasted pn license above the Collector's sign and seal. I want to one of my known RAS and even he wondered but attested my photo :) I went back to Babu he asked me how do you know this person and gave me the license. So your case you are still in initial phase ;)

But friend if they are asking try your best to get all the documents if you realy want to get lincese

Happy Shooting (is it happy)

Hemendra Singh

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:03 pm

Uday,

It may help you to apply through a lawyer and to join a rifle club as well. It would cost more, of course, but is there a choice? Unfortunately, no.

Mehul

Kshatriya
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kshatriya » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:26 pm

I too was not asked for it.
U.S Army Rifle Cal .30 M1917 Remington Bolt Action
Cal 32 ACP IOF Pistol