All india validity of arms license issued by J&K

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
buntypat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: All india validity of arms license issued by J&K

Post by buntypat » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:03 am

Dear Akthar,nagarifle, Mehboob bhai.
The question in this thread has a great relevence for me as i'm about to get my all india 0.32 bore pistol licenses issued from J&K govermnet (home dept) .
I spoke to one of my friend who is a arm dealer in bihar about the procedures and validity of a lic. issued from J&K state to which he said an all india licenses issued from JK state has to be registerd/verified atleast at one place . Its like when you submit your licenses first time say to a particular state(your present home state) ,it is sent for verification to issuing state authority and once it is verified, your license become kind of issued by one and verified by other(some stamping will be done). After that whenever you present the licenses to any authority in any state it gives a visible sense of being genuine.
He said this procedure generally take 1-2 months provided your file moves realy fast at verification point (issuing state).
I hope it helps.

For Advertising mail webmaster
bandook
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bandook » Mon May 10, 2010 2:07 pm

the j&K govt is issuing only distt. or state level license and not all india the power to issue the same had been taken away from the DM in the past few years........at the max the validity covers only only the two states one the j&k and the other the home state of the license.......apart from that everything else is crap just read the stamp on the license and u will get the answer

mahboob
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mahboob » Sat May 15, 2010 1:43 am

dear bunty, when an all india licence is granted the licence bears the order no of the home secy of the state concerned . any dealer would enquire abt its genuinity before supplying arms if purchased locally the process is easy they wld get it verified themselves. in case in a new licence of all india validity when the arms is being purchased at a place outside the state where verification may be time taking they usually write a letter to the issuing authority and after due verification only supply the arms . since a racket had been operating in nagaland and j&k in issueing licences to either residents of other states or even false licences by fraud agents the central home ministry has issued letters and is keeping strict eye on the issue so dealers are more caucious over these licences better first purchase an iof then u can exchange the same with any dealer in india by giving the diff amt .
regards,
mahboob.

dskishan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by dskishan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:02 am

how can apply arm lic in j&k am living in tamilnadu ......? it is possible..?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:20 am

Why do you want to apply in J&K when you are living in Tamil Nadu? Apply in Tamil Nadu from the place of your residence.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:29 pm

For 38000/- Rupees gun houses in Punjab are providing arms licenses with all the three categories endorsed on it with All India Validity. I came across a Licence which was made in Srinagar with NP Bore rifle, DBBL Gun and NP Revolver/Pistol entered on it. The license was All India Valid. It also had the address of some locality in Srinagar and also the present address of Punjab where the license holder resides. The person never visited J&K, neither he provided any documents ( except the picture and money) for the proof . But he got the license which seems to have all the markings in the form of rubber stamps and signatures. *********------- Now what I feel is that out of all the licences made in J&K by the people who live outside J&K and who get them made from the gun dealers 99% of them are Fake , If not 100%. The irony is that the so called license holders do not know that and feel as if they have authentic licenses . I might sound a bit harsh but that's the truth. No one should get a license made from other state where he or she is not a domicile . People do not want to spend their energy in procuring an arms license from the issuing authority on their own but are happy to pay hefty money to there goons who in return cheat by providing fake licenses . This is what is happening in J&K. No one wants to check the authenticity of their license by personally visiting the issuing authority , And even at the time of renewal the gun house wals's are given the job to get them renewed. These license holders from J&K are sitting on time bombs. So my dear friends better stay away from these fake licenses because you might have or about to possess a weapon on a fake license and ultimately you will be in possession of an illegal weapon.
The choice is your's
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

dskishan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by dskishan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:06 am

ya i understand but here stoped arms licenses in tamilnadu i cant get ..! so i think if i can get in j&k ...?

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:13 pm

dskishan wrote: so i think if i can get in j&k ...?
Even after knowing the truth you want to have a fake license. :shock:
"God the better sense prevails"
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:03 pm

here stoped arms licenses in tamilnadu i cant get ..!
What do you mean, have they stopped receiving fresh arms license applications? If yes, then what is the reason they are saying? Are they willing to give the reason in writing?

It really saddens me no end, when I find people instead of willing to fight for their rights, are looking for "easier" methods(willing to waste thousands of rupees for fake licenses and other shortcuts) for something that is their fundamental right. I have been explaining in various posts that obtaining an arms license is a citizen's right. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms and Self Defense are fundamental rights guaranteed by our Constitution under Articles 19 and 21. The Arms Act 1959 was passed to co-ordinate the fundamental rights of citizens, i.e. the right of self defense guaranteed under Article 21 of Constitution and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms guaranteed under Articles 19 and 21 of Constitution. This can be ascertained by reading the related objectives of The Indian Arms (Amendment) Bill (No.49 of 1953), which became the Arms Act 1959:

"(ii) that weapons for self-defence are available for all citizens under license unless their antecedents or propensities do not entitle them for the privilege;

(c) to co-ordinate the rights of the citizen with the necessity of maintaining law and order and avoiding fifth-column activities in the country;"

Have you joined NAGRI? Have you told about NAGRI to people around you?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:13 pm

Grewal,

A similar racket was unearthed here in Surat a few years back. When it broke, all the licensees were rounded up, licenses cancelled (or whatever process carried out since they were fake anyway) and the handguns deposited with the police. It's another matter that the licensees were all moneyed diamond traders. The case went to the High Court and thats that. Everything is just forgotten now.

As an observation, a/a dealers in Ahmedabad just do not service any licensees from J&K and the North East. They just refuse them point blank.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Ranjit Singh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Know about UIN (Unique Identification Number)

Post by Ranjit Singh » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi All,

Can someone let me know how I will get UIN (Unique Identification Number) for my Gun licence?

Thank you.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Know about UIN (Unique Identification Number)

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:12 pm

Ranjit Singh wrote:Can someone let me know how I will get UIN (Unique Identification Number) for my Gun licence?
Please contact the office of licensing authority, they are supposed to provide you UIN.

dheeraj_1772
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dheeraj_1772 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Dear Akhtar,
If the UID (Unique Identification Number of13 digits) and UCF (Unique case file no. Of 18 digits) are mentioned on the AL, then just approach the office of any Arm License issuing authority anywhere in India and request them to verify.
Both of above mentioned digits will give complete details of the AL, including issue, area of validity and all informations from the NDAL (National Data of Arms License).
This is only way to check the authenticity of the AL.
Hope it will resolve the issue of your doubt.

Regards,

Dheeraj

amarendra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by amarendra » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:37 am

Check my applicant Id gun licence

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:38 pm

amarendra wrote:Check my applicant Id gun licence
Please directly contact your licensing authority for these details, this is an online community not a Government department!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein