Is crossbow allowed in india ?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:09 pm

Guys. I have my doubts that anyone is selling Crossbows in India. Crossbows are silent and lethal weapons and come with Telescopic sights also with an effective range of over 200 yds. It is slightly dicey at longer ranges because you have to take the wind factor into consideration. There are separate arrowheads for target practice and hunting. Some models come with adjustable pressure in pounds(Lbs) where you can adjust the pressure for various animal sizes. The custom people do not know much about it so it can be brought in a disassembled state as a toy. The Arms act also does not specifically say anything about it so it is a Grey area but it is considered a dangerous weapon and at short distances the arrow can go right through the body of an animal if it does not hit a bone on the way, such is the force. I have one.

Cheers

Arindam.
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Is crossbow allowed in india ?

Post by Pran » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:02 pm

Arindam,
Here's an older thread you may find informative.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=42

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:51 am

How can it not be allowed in a country which has produced DHANUDHARS like Arjun and Lord Rama. It is not a firearm.

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:03 am

shahid";p="17189 wrote: How can it not be allowed in a country which has produced DHANUDHARS like Arjun and Lord Rama. It is not a firearm.
Shahid. We are talking about Crossbows over here and not Long Bows.

Best.

Arindam.

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:13 am

All the same. Its high time Arms Licence act is lifted and all imports of Arms and Ammunition allowed.

The anti gun lobby has prevailed in India. Education on the subject is at its lowest ebb.

Shooting sports is viewed with suspicion.

Administration is in the hands of a a few vested interests.

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:58 pm

shahid";p="17194 wrote: All the same. Its high time Arms Licence act is lifted and all imports of Arms and Ammunition allowed.

The anti gun lobby has prevailed in India. Education on the subject is at its lowest ebb.

Shooting sports is viewed with suspicion.

Administration is in the hands of a a few vested interests.
It can only happen in India.

Cheers.

Arindam.

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:41 pm

Not really. Anti gun lobby is prevailing everywhere. There was a serious issue in 2003 I guess when as National Rifle Association members we had to vote against some amendment on gun control being passed by the US congress. There was a lot of letters and literature sent to us ( all international members ) by NRA during those years.

More legislations are under contest.

Same in Britain. Sports and Shooting times published a list of anti gun Members of Parliment of all 3 parties and by how many votes they won. Shooters in Britain ensured they voted against all therese MP across Tory, Labour , or Liberal Democrat lines. Votes were marginal say 600 to 800 vote victory margins. British sports lovers ensured most of them lost.

ron
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ron » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:16 pm

any one who s bough a cross bow from g smith please post a review guys pl!

technical
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by technical » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:11 am

so is building a crossbow permitted in india ???
airguns passing the deal board test are perfectly legal to build.
so i am guessing there should be no restrictions on a crossbow. :) ??

please let me know if there are any laws preventing us from building these.
(i'm planning to build one as a project, i have a buddy who builds RC quadcopters, airplanes and stuff, could borrow many of his tools :D)

i'll still consult our lawyer just in case.but any inputs would be appreciated.
i am a staunch supporter of gun control. So come on,steady hands,good breathing and BANG.pew pew pew. bullseye!!! :D