Form 11/12 renewal problems - Advice needed

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Form 11/12 renewal problems - Advice needed

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:47 pm

Hey guys, I was thinking the more well versed individuals in this board could help me and my friend with some advice. My friend is running an Arms and Ammo store here. It's in his fathers name and is registered as Sri. _ _ _ _ and Sons. Now his father is very old and invalid and my friend would like to have the licence (Form No.12)transferred to himself. Would the registration Sri. _ _ _ _ and Sons have any significance on the transfer or will he have to apply afresh.
We've been running around babu-sthan for the past couple of months and the bloody lumps of blubber don't seem to know what to do and various desks contradict each other. The moron incharge keeps telling us to return after a few days, and when we do so always says that they've been very busy with work.... What bleeding work? Isn't our application work as well? Another time, the fart told us that they'll need to study the rule book since they are not too familiar (At least they were honest enough to tell us that) with the Arms Act rules. Well the next time we went, they told us what the hell, just try applying and we'll see what comes along.... we try it on the fly!! Can you believe these people?

What would be the standard procedure? We do not have a police comissionner system here. The police only does the verification and NOC while the Deputy Commissioner and Home Department handles the rest...I think.

Also my friend's father had applied and received attestation for a Form-11 licence (Repair etc.) way back in 1971. The licence seems to have been granted because a letter from the DC back then says so. Now the full processing of this licence, the status of which is still vague, lies lost in limbo since then as the documentation was lost (or so the babus claim). The DC office blames the Home Department and the Home Department blames the DC office for this....the issue remains too daunting to be resolved. What the hell, the shop has been carrying our minor repairs and servicing in 'good faith' since then.

Could anyone be kind enough to drop in some legal advice...or at least help us do the home work for the babus?

Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Form 11/12 renewal problems - Advice needed

Post by danish21 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:05 pm

Dear cottage chese ,
The most easiest way to get that liscense is to become the partner in that shop. For that your friend's dad has to give an application in the disctrict magistrate's office for adding the second partner in that liscense. If one partner is not able to open the shop and other partner has the authority to open the shop in first partner's absence. I hope this must information will help you a lot.

Danish

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:09 pm

Cottage chese,

The process of becoming a partner is going to be as lengthy as the process of getting a license in your friends name.

The no. of Arms Dealers in a state is based upon the total population of the State.The authorisation for this comes from the MHA,GOI(ie the total no of dealers in the state).Then the state MHA fixes the district vise strength of the Arms Dealers.

For your friend to become a partner in his fathers business,it would require an application from your friends father to the DM for including his sons name in the licnese in Form XII(tell him to attach a attested copy of his valid license of Form XII along with his application).This has to be accompanied by an application from your friend asking to be made a partner in his fathers business.He will also have to apply in Form A. They should also attach affidavits in support of this application(optional but helps to speed up the process).Also copy of voters ID card/voters list/Ration card of your friend.

If your friend wants to get a license in Form XI,he would have to attach a certificate under the letter head of a person who already has a Form XI lecense,testifying to the fact that ........ has worked with him for.... period of time and has obtained training in the repair of firearms or words to that affect.He will also have to attach an application in Form A along with this(again proof of residence like an attested copy of the voetrs list/ID card and an affidavit helps).In this he would have to mention the add. from where he would work and so the father should give an affidavit to the affect that his son can work at his shop.

Both the applications have to be filed out seperately with individual copies/originals of all the documents in support of these applications.

The applications would be filed in the office of the DM who aould seek police verifiaction and then forward them to the state govt. for issuing of the licenses.

Does the father not have a license in Form XIV?

As to who is authorised to issue a particular license,there would be a notification to show that.A copy should be there in the DC office.

penpusher

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:08 pm

penpusher";p="7667 wrote:Cottage chese,

The process of becoming a partner is going to be as lengthy as the process of getting a license in your friends name.

The no. of Arms Dealers in a state is based upon the total population of the State.The authorisation for this comes from the MHA,GOI(ie the total no of dealers in the state).Then the state MHA fixes the district vise strength of the Arms Dealers.

For your friend to become a partner in his fathers business,it would require an application from your friends father to the DM for including his sons name in the licnese in Form XII(tell him to attach a attested copy of his valid license of Form XII along with his application).This has to be accompanied by an application from your friend asking to be made a partner in his fathers business.He will also have to apply in Form A. They should also attach affidavits in support of this application(optional but helps to speed up the process).Also copy of voters ID card/voters list/Ration card of your friend.

If your friend wants to get a license in Form XI,he would have to attach a certificate under the letter head of a person who already has a Form XI lecense,testifying to the fact that ........ has worked with him for.... period of time and has obtained training in the repair of firearms or words to that affect.He will also have to attach an application in Form A along with this(again proof of residence like an attested copy of the voetrs list/ID card and an affidavit helps).In this he would have to mention the add. from where he would work and so the father should give an affidavit to the affect that his son can work at his shop.

Both the applications have to be filed out seperately with individual copies/originals of all the documents in support of these applications.

The applications would be filed in the office of the DM who aould seek police verifiaction and then forward them to the state govt. for issuing of the licenses.

Does the father not have a license in Form XIV?

As to who is authorised to issue a particular license,there would be a notification to show that.A copy should be there in the DC office.

penpusher
penpusher and Danish21, thank you ever so much for the help. This kind of help is priceless. I'll be travelling in a couple of days so I'll be out of the circuit. We'll make a trip to babusthan after I get back. I'll keep you guys posted on the latest antics of the boneheads.

Thanks again guys!

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:20 pm

Heres the update... we're presently stuck with something they call Form-A. Never heard of it... bunch of jackasses.

keep you all updated...

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:31 pm

cottage cheese where is ur frends business located

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:58 pm

cottage chese";p="13203 wrote: Heres the update... we're presently stuck with something they call Form-A. Never heard of it... bunch of jackasses.

keep you all updated...
Read my post again.

penpusher

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:56 pm

An application under the RTI (Right to Information) could be a last recourse, if everything else is in order...

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:04 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the help and suggestions so far.

penpusher, I actually printed out your advice and even organized it point wise for clarity(Not that it needed any more clarity). Even showed it to those boneheads...they still couldn't decide what was the proper procedure- Can you believe that? They said they'd need to go through the rule book...or something of that nature... Now they say we need do reapply afresh...Form-A...ok...they didn't have a copy in the office! They didn't know the format either and said we need to apply for a Form-A from the secretariat...YAAAARGH! Downloaded Form A from IFG printed out... and all they said was we need to write an application letter for a Form-A.... ran out of money for fuel so left it there for the moment.
Now you'll understand why my posts concerning the establishment has so much venom.

Well that aside, I feel I must, with sadness report to IGF that my friends father passed away this morning at 9:45 from cancer. The shop will be closed fot some days and the funeral will be day after.

We'll resume the license hunt after things have settled, with renewed urgency as the licensee is now no more.

Catch you all later.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:12 pm

Form A is the form in which you apply for an arms license and it's also the form in which you apply for these license's.It is a part of the Arms Rules 1962 and would be there in any copy of the same.

penpusher