NOTIFICATIONS

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: NOTIFICATIONS

Post by nagarifle » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:16 pm

depends how how the DM reads this. most cases its the blind leading the blind and they will both end up in the ditch as an application of the mind will not be made.

or simply put.

imperal and metric the DM does not understand. they will read it at face value and thats that. so it means that .357 will be granted under sports etc
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Had already posted it here

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20000

1. The MQS in state/ district meets is lower than that t the nationals. Also it is NR rules, so easier.
2. I think having a minimum modicum of qualification is neccessary. ( here comes the artillery barrage) :)
3. With this notification, those who have taken part and qualified in state meets cannot be denied an arms license just because they dont have threat to life, as was happening till now.
4. The ammunition notification might be a different one,
5. Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports being included is a regressive step indeed.
6. I wonder if the proposals which tikku spoke about were shot down in the ministry and why?
To Excellence through Diligence.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:54 pm

1. MQS for state meets etc. may be lower, but is not so low that someone with an ammunition limit of 25/50 or no arms license may hope to participate on a borrowed gun with borrowed ammunition and shoot the required score without any practice - exceptionally gifted shots are just that "exceptional", everyone else needs to practice!
2. Why is it necessary? All that they are allowing such "aspiring shooters" is an arms license, nothing else is on the table (no import permissions etc.), so PLEASE EXPLAIN why is there to be a "minimum modicum of qualification" other than desire to shoot as demonstrated by participation?
3. That was the intent of NRAI when they pushed it through, but if you notice the much expected/ desired "shall issue" clarification/ direction for such "aspiring shooters" is missing from said notification.
4. Maybe, but after reading this one I don't have much hopes for how the babus twist out those recommendations!
5. Agreed
6. I would imagine they went through the usual route of the file going from desk to desk in the ministry, with each babu adding his own notings/ ideas/ amendments to the original recommendations/ suggestions by the NRAI, this notification seems to be the end result of the internal deliberations of the babugiri.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Because this is India and not the U.S of A. :P
My fear is that with goons being able to participate in competitions to get licenses and import fire arms of their choice, people who will suffer are those who dont have the financial wherewithal to import weapons or practise and cant afford the inflated prices of the domestic market.
So the rich and powerful will have all the guns they want, but not the poor.
What would have more sense, to allow any citizen to apply for import of fire arm and ammunition and if your background is clear, the permit SHALL be issued. Hence removing the discrepancy.
A level playing field.
For aspiring shooters too, it doesnt make sense, this only talk of giving a license, not of import. So, an aspiring shooter after taking part in a competition does what? Shoot with a khairuddin shotgun?
This is change, but a lot more is required

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:13 pm

I disagree Safarigent!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, disreputable persons always "manage" to acquire legal/ illegal firearms of THEIR CHOICE, all the laws of the land notwithstanding. They don't need to and are not going to be queuing up participate in competitions merely to acquire an arms license!

As to the rich & powerful, I have yet to hear of a case wherein someone belonging to that category was not able to acquire an arms license. Neither do they need to spend hours at the range simply to shoot a score so that they may import a firearm, they can afford to and do purchase firearms at the extortionate rates prevalent in the Indian market... by the very definition of the term, they can afford to do so.

The "poor" are no where in the picture as far as shooting sports go. In the current scenario they'd be hard pressed to even afford an Indian made air-rifle, forget about the costs that shooting entails.

I think maybe you are referring to the middle class? Which I assume was the target for the recommendations that NRAI had made. You of all people should not forget that getting an arms license is the first (and often times) a large enough hurdle these days. Making it simpler for persons who have demonstrated their desire by participating to get a license, would be a good step forward... so long as said license is accompanied by an ALL INDIA endorsement & a sufficiently large ammunition quota.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 pm

It is true that goons have always and still do acquire fire arms easily. All too often, much more easier than getting a legal fire arm.
It is also true that the rich will buy fire arms at inflated costs and will also buy ammunition from the black market.
It is also true that the middle class wont be helped much by the present notification.
Getting a license and then what?
Too much left out, imports, ammunition, area validity..

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Safarigent wrote:It is true that goons have always and still do acquire fire arms easily. All too often, much more easier than getting a legal fire arm.
It is also true that the rich will buy fire arms at inflated costs and will also buy ammunition from the black market.
It is also true that the middle class wont be helped much by the present notification.
You are right Arjun,
Too much left out..
I had information that import restrictions would be relaxed to some extent... its a disappointment.

TC

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:13 am

Arjun, I'd actually be extremely happy if there arises a situation where there are 100 million arms licenses issued but nothing for them to buy! Why? Because a 100 million voices shouting in protest can make things change very very fast!! Don't forget, NAGRI was able to block the Arms Amendment Bill 2010 with the support of far fewer people than that number, despite the Bill having the personal backing of the Home Minister!

Which is exactly why they've been so circumspect about issuing licenses over the past decade or so, they know that this would happen if every every eligible genuine person was granted a license... Theyd be simply forced to open up things, which they are loath to do.

www.gunowners.in

renjith747
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by renjith747 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:49 am

TC wrote:
Safarigent wrote:It is true that goons have always and still do acquire fire arms easily. All too often, much more easier than getting a legal fire arm.
You are right Arjun,
Too much left out..
I had information that import restrictions would be relaxed to some extent... its a disappointment.

TC

Is there any hope to reopen imports by the help of NAGRI ?

Regards
Renjith.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Wed May 22, 2013 10:47 pm

New DGFT notification reducing lock in period of imported fire arms:

http://thenrai.in/images/banners/dgftnotice.pdf

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks Arjun,
This amendment is going to have a wider ramification in the open market.

TC

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri May 24, 2013 12:36 am

Would be interesting to see how many of the Renowned Shots selling arms actually sell them to an aspiring shooter :wink:

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Fri May 24, 2013 12:49 am

I know of a few who do.
One of them sold one to me.
:)

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri May 24, 2013 7:48 am

That must be extremely rare.Most would be selling to gundealers.In fact I have seen firearms that have been imported specifically for being sold in the market.So,certainly the ban on the import of firearms is a brilliant idea.

surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by surajshuresh » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi guys was just going through this wanted to know if they are referring to the sales of firearms imported by TR. If so it just means that you cant get a firearms if you sell it again in your lifetime. And also its so stupid they use the word weapons because we are referring to firearms here.

18. Sale of imported weapons:- Instructions have already been issued to permit an importer of weapon to sell the imported weapon (both PB and NPB) to a licence holder only after ten years from the date of acquisition of such weapon, or after he/she attains sixty years of age, whichever is later, subject to the condition that such importer will be barred from acquiring any weapon in India during his/her (importer’s) life time. The importer / seller may be asked to submit a duly sworn affidavit to this effect to the licensing authority. Cases in which there is a clause in the arms licence that the importer will not sell his weapon during his life time will also be covered and sale of imported weapons will be allowed subject to the above condition and there will be no change in this regard.