Paintball guns

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Paintball guns

Post by Grumpy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:23 pm

After being burgled for - what was it ? - the sixth time, I doubt Tony Martin was taking too much notice of which way the guy was heading.
Yup, agreed, the pistol ban was instigated by John Majors Government. Legislation that ignored one crucial fact: that the murderer at Dunblane should never have been issued a Firearms Certificate in the first place.
Don`t worry Krish - I`m not holding my breath in anticipation of sensible legislation from any British Government. Politicians of all parties are totally out-of-touch with the populace yet wonder why the electorate are so disaffected. They ought to try listening for a change.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:24 pm

Thanks, Sujay.

I hope penpusher will have some cheery news.

BTW, are there places in India you could go paintballing?

Mack The Knife

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:33 pm

There is a full fledged paintball range somewhere near Gurgaon /Noida/Delhi. I remember reading that members organize year long competitions and the photo looked like an outdoor studio of some movie set ( artificial rocks, trees etc ).

Now since the range exists, the members must have a regular source of the paintball guns ?

Sorry for the sketchy information but really cannot recall where I came across this.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:55 pm

Grumpy,

Your friend is spot on about the ethics of a sport that calls for shooting other people. Just goes to illustrate the fact that as far as politicians are concerned, people rise to their level of incompetence.

Mehul

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:58 pm

Grumpy";p="7039 wrote: Politicians of all parties are totally out-of-touch with the populace yet wonder why the electorate are so disaffected.
The public has lost its reasoning due to years of misinformation particularly in matters of firearms. A very minority actually is bothered about gun ownership.

Public in reality is disaffected. Else, we would have seen the same reactions similar to when some legislations affect their money for e.g, tax hike :twisted:

So John ..... Indians and Brits lamenting together 8) ?
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:03 pm

penpusher I doubt that a change of Governmenr will make much difference to our firearms laws - it has to be remembered that the greater bulk of UK firearms legislation was enacted by Conservative Governments. The Conservative opposition however have indicated that they might repeal some aspects of the pistol ban by allowing the use of .22 rf and, possibly, .32 cf pistols for Olympic disciplines. Even then, the likelyhood is that the guns will have to be lodged at a `secure` location such as a pistol club.......providing that the club has `secure` facilities. Won`t make much difference to me but will, at least, allow our Olympic shooters to practice sensibly.
By the way, all the paintball guns that I`ve seen have been CO2 powered.
The French allow the use of `self-defence` pistols that shoot a large diameter ball of ballistic putty......supposed to be quite disabling but non-lethal. They do not require licencing. Some countries allow the use of gas guns which project a cloud of disabling gas - presumably CS, tear gas or something similar.
Izhevsky Mekhanichesky Zavod - better known as Baikal - make both types of these pistols. Go to :
http://www.baikalinc.ru/en/company/open/weapon.html
to check out the full range of Baikal guns.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:13 pm

"So John ..... Indians and Brits lamenting together ?"
Absolutely Sujay. We`ll all hold hands and have a good weep at the bizarre and unreasonable attitudes to shooting and gun ownership of our respective Governments. :cry: :cry:
Mehul, the more I think on the matter the more I think that Paul is right in his opinion - there`s something uncomfortably weird - and wrong ......and juvenile - about shooting others ...... even if it is just with balls of paint.
You`ll notice that paintballing is far more popular in the UK than in the US and I suspect far more sensible gun laws in most of the US allow people to get their gun `fix` with real handguns without having to play silly games.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:42 am

Thanks, Sujay.

The interested party is from Bangalore though. Must ask him if there is something similar here.

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:31 pm

Mack The Knife,

The paintball gun was brought in the check-in baggage.According to me,it would be counted as a toy.If in any case the fellow from the Customs decide to create a ruckus over this,then squash a paintball and show to them what sort of 'projectile' the 'gun' is capable of 'firing'They look like spray guns in any case.

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:58 pm

Thanks, penpusher.

Mack The Knife