Joining shooting club is now more expensive

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
mishradk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Joining shooting club is now more expensive

Post by mishradk » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:35 am

Hi All,
Just came to know about this from few poor people interested to join karnataka State shooting Association.

For this they need a Police verification certificate first.

Now for a police verification certificate ( for any purpose) one has to pay Rs 3000/- in advance. Then your details will be verified at 82 police stations within Bangalore. Then only the police verification certificate will be issued . It takes more than 2 .5 months.

Forget about running to Police commissioners office 100 times and paying bribe at all tables your file visits..

And the validity of the certificate is one month.

Looks like to get a PVC( Police verification certificate) is more tough than a PVC ( Param Vir Chakra). The Param Vir Chakra is an Indian military decoration given for valour in combat operations. It is India's highest military honour.

Previously it was given by the local police station. But then the rule got changed. Only the Police commissioner's office can issue a police verification certificate. They were taking 15 days to give that. That was quite cool.

This Shooting club (KSRA) is directly under the guidance of police commissioner.

Came to know that for NCC cadets ( who needs PVC for going to camps ) they are doing it fast and no need of paying Rs 3000/- . I think they pay only Rs 50/-

Though it is good to have a proper police verification ( not just on paper) but cost matters a lot when the guy also has to purchase his shooting equipments too...

This was informed to KSRA.. but nothing happened..

I feel every one should be given equal opportunity to enjoy his hobby and hav fun. This target shooting is for Fun first... some people enjoy by shooting and some people enjoy winning medals..

Do you think we are really supporting shooting (shooting sports ) in India?

Regards
mishradk

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:40 pm

So join the NCC and you'll even get to shoot .303. ;-0. On a serious note yaar its expensive and frustrating everywhere...that is why I target shoot on and off. Now, I actually have the toy that I want and not likely to allow myself to go crazy for a while( two imports in the same year). If you are into air guns you may (at the risk of getting flamed) set up a range at home with a hume pipes pneumatic air rifle or Co2 pistol. Unless you already have your weapon. If you are going to compete see if you can do it from Goa;-).

Regards,

Dev

mishradk";p="5880 wrote: Hi All,
Just came to know about this from few poor people interested to join karnataka State shooting Association.

Now for a police verification certificate ( for any purpose) one has to pay Rs 3000/- in advance. Then your details will be verified at 82 police stations within Bangalore. Then only the police verification certificate will be issued . It takes more than 2 .5 months.

Forget about running to Police commissioners office 100 times and paying bribe at all tables your file visits..

Looks like to get a PVC( Police verification certificate) is more tough than a PVC ( Param Vir Chakra). The Param Vir Chakra is an Indian military decoration given for valour in combat operations. It is India's highest military honour.

Previously it was given by the local police station. But then the rule got changed. Only the Police commissioner's office can issue a police verification certificate. They were taking 15 days to give that. That was quite cool.

This Shooting club (KSRA) is directly under the guidance of police commissioner.

Came to know that for NCC cadets ( who needs PVC for going to camps ) they are doing it fast and no need of paying Rs 3000/- . I think they pay only Rs 50/-

Though it is good to have a proper police verification ( not just on paper) but cost matters a lot when the guy also has to purchase his shooting equipments too...

I feel every one should be given equal opportunity to enjoy his hobby and hav fun. This target shooting is for Fun first... some people enjoy by shooting and some people enjoy winning medals..

Regards
mishradk
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Joining shooting club is now more expensive

Post by HSharief » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:42 pm

Wow, in Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India, Idathunk that all police stations wd've kept criminal records in sync. Plus, the commies office should also have a record of all whats going on around the city. Well, I keep dreaming. Rusty, maybe the sportspersons in Bangalore can lobby the commy's office to change this to help the sport.

BTW, I have an NCC C Certificate and have attended several camps. This is interesting news to me that cadets now have to get a PVC to go to camp. I wonder what is the reason behind this.

mishradk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mishradk » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:24 pm

Hi Dev,
Thank you very much for your views ..

But I already have done my NCC, RDC, YEP and all that in between 1990 - 2000.

I have raised this issue because many of my friends are interested in shooting.. But if they will come to know that at the starting only th expenditure will be this much .. just for a police verification.. then how some one will go for it?

Forget about the entry fee.. purchase of rounds.. shooting equipments..

I can just hope for the best..
regards
Deepak

mishradk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mishradk » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:38 pm

Hi HSharief,
I can just only say that when we purchase rice from a big shopping mall, we pay the charges of the shopping mall’s decoration too.

Like this , if the Bangalore police maintains its police record in ultra hi fi computers then the criminals will not pay the charges .. but we have to ...

regards
deepak

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:48 pm

I can just only say that when we purchase rice from a big shopping mall, we pay the charges of the shopping mall’s decoration too.

Like this , if the Bangalore police maintains its police record in ultra hi fi computers then the criminals will not pay the charges .. but we have to ...
You have already paid for it when you paid your tax. So you may as well make the best of it.

3,500 is a bit high though. I wonder how they justify that figure.

Mack The Knife

stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:34 pm

I'd like to know what is the procedure in delhi and is there only one shooting range out here at Siri Fort in the whole of Delhi?

I did a google and there is one at Surajkund, that sounds far too!

clownfish
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by clownfish » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:03 pm

stunngun wrote:I'd like to know what is the procedure in delhi and is there only one shooting range out here at Siri Fort in the whole of Delhi?

I did a google and there is one at Surajkund, that sounds far too!
as far as siri fort is concerned, one doesnt need to be a member to use the 10 m air rifle/ pistol range. one can simply go there, hire a gun/ pistol (for something like rs. 60 per hour; members rs. 30 per hour) , buy some pellets (~75 paisa or 1 re per pellet) and blast away...

harsh

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:21 am

Mishradk,the police verification is also necessary for people interested in joining the association in my state(bihar state rifle association),but if 2 governing body member propose the new member then it is not necessary.
mishradk";p="5880 wrote: Hi All,

Regards
mishradk
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:20 pm

Thanks for the info Harsh! I have also learned that there is someone who teaches basics at Siri fort so I should not have a problem when I plan to go there and blast away once I know how to use the gun, i.e.! :)
"wh@r*s don't live in company of poor men, citizens never support a weak company and birds don't build nests on a tree that doesn't bear fruits." Chanakya quotes (Indian politician, strategist and writer, 350 BC -275 BC )

pats
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pats » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:32 pm

hi ,
i am new member 4m Karanataka I want to learn shooting is Karnataka State shooting Association the only place where i can get trained??? please give be bit details abt where & how can i get trained?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:40 pm

Pats,

KSRA is the only civilian range that is there in Bangalore.

Are you having a problem joining up? If so, I could teach you the basics of rifle and pistol shooting. What are you interested in or more to the point, what would you like to try first. ;)

Mack The Knife

pats
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pats » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:45 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="7556 wrote:Pats,

Are you having a problem joining up? If so, I could teach you the basics of rifle and pistol shooting. What are you interested in or more to the point, what would you like to try first. ;)

Mack The Knife

Thanks a lot yar no probs ra i havent even tried....was planing to join this monday so was askin thanks a lot

pats
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pats » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:46 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="7556 wrote:Pats,

Mack The Knife
can u just tell me where is that KSRA ?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:58 pm

Here you go...

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=452

Mack The Knife