Can an overseas visitor bring an airgun on my behalf?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:05 pm

Sujay,

Thanks a ton for looking up the Parcel Force website for me.

Okay, it isn't as expensive as I feared it would be and if I really had to import I guess I could live with Option C.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Can an overseas visitor bring an airgun on my behalf?

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:11 pm

sat";p="4939 wrote:Rusty, would be very good exercise for you... why dont you make it part of your 'get fit' programme... :D :lol: :lol:
Sure. One stroke a day.

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:44 pm

Sat,

Pilkguns says ...Hand pumps are also an option but only if you have no possibility of getting SCUBA air. They look similar to a bicycle pump, but are capable of 3000 psi fills. They are a good aerobic workout :P :P

http://www.pilkguns.com/scubasafety.shtml
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

sat
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:56 pm

Sujay,

I have a 'Gehman Pump' which just went 'tits up'. Will be sending it to a friend in Mumbai who can repair these pumps.

sat

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:08 pm

There's a capacity difference between the Daystate's cylinder and the Rapid's buddy bottle. Topping up the latter is okay but filling from zilch would be a ball breaker.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:16 pm

HI Sujay,
Sorry i wish i had chimed in earlier but you can buy .177 target pellets from the NRAI if you are a state rifle...member. Cost of H&N Match pellets would be Rs.300 for 500. Send your letter to customs and check if you can send em a bank draft...maybe you can get em that way?

Dev
Sujay";p="4940 wrote: Hi Denzil,

The total cost including shipping was 11+ GBP ( postage was 3GBP) . It took 20 days to reach Mumbai. By all indications, the notice from customs is an invitation to pay penalty and get the stuff but I cannot afford to visit Mumbai to get stuff worth 900/- cleared.

The best chance of getting pellets ( foreign make) is from the likes of Murtaza or any acquintance with NRAI guys. . A returning Indian visitor is allowed to bring 4 tins ( 2000 Nos) pellets in the checked in baggage.

Till then, you have to be content with the G Smiths. You may try calling some dealers from the database of this forum.

Sujay
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:33 pm

Thanks Dev.

Many of my ideas have remained only ideas becasue I do not have a printer at home. Will have to get one on Diwali :D

I was planning to send the joint commissioner a letter requesting him to forward the pellets to Hyderabad customs where I can put some serious efforts to get them released. Any idea how those reached Mumbai instead of Hyderabad ?
My theory is the pellets were literally shipped since only 3 GBP was charged for shipping. By air, it would have reached Hyderabad.

Is there any restriction on quantity of pellets which a member of RA can buy from NRAI ?

(We have not hijacked Mack The Knife's thread I guess )

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:56 pm

Sorry i wish i had chimed in earlier but you can buy .177 target pellets from the NRAI if you are a state rifle...member.
Are you very sure, Dev? If so, can you get me ten tins of H&N Finale Match 4.50 mm (Gold Tops)? I will send you the dosh.

Sujay said:
We have not hijacked Mack The Knife's thread I guess
Ummm....take a look at the title. ;)

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:22 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="5085 wrote: If so, can you get me ten tins of H&N Finale Match 4.50 mm (Gold Tops)? I will send you the dosh.
Dev,

Only two tins for me, not more.

Okay, make it one if you wish. :wink:

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:51 am

Not sure of how many tins i can buy but I will definately give it a spin. Mack The Knifes thought of ten tins really got me thinking, cause I saw one guy walking around with a whole sleeve of them. Let this diwali weekend get over and I will check up how many are allowed and pick up the max that I can. I have to go through the red light area to get my membership up to scratch. No funny ideas the hony. secy has a commodities shop in the area.

Regards,

Dev

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:21 pm

Nice one, Dev. Let us know how it goes. Plenty of shooters here without decent ammo, so if you can bag more than ten tins, say twenty, I will take that as well.

Would prefer if they were to the spec mentioned above.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:56 am

I think air rifles are no longer on the restricted import items, specially .177. I really will try getting the pellets but give me a week or so. I don't know if there is a restriction on the number of tins, you want them golden tops okay I guess I 'll remember that.

All the best, Dev.
Mack The Knife Bana";p="5120 wrote: Nice one, Dev. Let us know how it goes. Plenty of shooters here without decent ammo, so if you can bag more than ten tins, say twenty, I will take that as well.

Would prefer if they were to the spec mentioned above.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:21 pm

I think air rifles are no longer on the restricted import items, specially .177.
Hi Dev,

Do you mean air-rifle .177" calibre pellets are not on the restricted list?

I am in no particular hurry as I am not using the pellets I asked for. It's for the Bangalore 10 metre brigade that has no choice but to use G. Smiths for home practice.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

rifle

Post by dev » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:55 pm

No I was talking about air rifles but one person carried a pack of 500 pellets in from the USA alongwith gosh darn it 4000 stainless steel bbs. So i guess even a sleeve of pellets won't get much fussed over. Long as no gun powder is involved. Long years ago a friend carried back a thousand H&N wad cutters from dubai. These had a green cap and came in packs of two hundred. So I don't think anyone is gonna scream bio hazard if you get two thousand or more in.

Regards,

Dev.
Mack The Knife Bana";p="5136 wrote:
I think air rifles are no longer on the restricted import items, specially .177.
Hi Dev,

Do you mean air-rifle .177" calibre pellets are not on the restricted list?

I am in no particular hurry as I am not using the pellets I asked for. It's for the Bangalore 10 metre brigade that has no choice but to use G. Smiths for home practice.

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:31 pm

I have to go through the red light area to get my membership up to scratch. No funny ideas the hony. secy has a commodities shop in the area.

hey Dev, what commodities ;) Runs a bakery?
Want to go 'soxing' on Sun?
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."