• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

Applying for an Arms License in India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
arun139

Re: Applying for an Arms License in India

Postby arun139 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:43 am

You won't get Fresh license in Bengaluru very hard if it's transfer from father to son possible that to with all procedure.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

arun139

Re: RE:

Postby arun139 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:43 am

ragunnaath wrote:
nagarifle\";p=\"34079 wrote:Hi Abhijeet
thanks for that, i followed the link, good work there.
However i did not find the soultion to my Q. what i am trying to find out is that; on the application form, when applying for firearms, there is one part around the end of the form, section 12, which states
"in which form licence is required" what does this mean? i an trying not to be pain in the rifle butt. :twisted: i just do not understand what this means! or to what this refers to. please advice.

thanks
Nagarifle

Hi Naga,

Not sure if you got the answer to your question on what to fill up under Section 12 for "In which form License is required", but thought I'd help.

When I applied for an Arms Lic, I was asked to fill in my choice of Pistol or Revolver, and I filled in Pistol.

HTH!

Regards,
Ragu

It should be in Book form
badshah0522 wrote:
nagarifle\";p=\"33918 wrote:hi
does anyone know when applying for firearms licence where it say(12) "form in which licence is required" what does this means?

thanks
nagarifle

there are different forms of licence related to fire arms and there are specific number for each type,i dont remember the numbers,but they are as follow
For club license-i think it is form 6
For NP bore guns- form 3 (not sure)
for repairing -
for manufacturing
For selling arms & Ammo
etc etc.
so you have to mention in which form do u require a license,sorry i dont remember the number for each catagory

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Sagarsoni

Postby Sagarsoni » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:03 am

In Today's newspaper, states can give all India permission.... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ARVIND PARIHAR

For online registration of my .315bore rifle

Postby ARVIND PARIHAR » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Sir we having a all India permit licence for .315bore rifle. We can carry all states of India. Sir I applied for online registration for my licence.then how to check out my licence online registration done or not.procedure for checking online registration for my arms licence.

vikaskarate

Applying for an Arms License in India

Postby vikaskarate » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Hello Sir,
My name is Vikas from Una, Himachal Preadesh. I am state president for Karate and i am in this field since last 26 years. A well known personality in Hamirpur had called me for appointment as a bodyguard on salary of Rs.50,000. But the requirement was that i should have revolver with me. Please guide me sir, Is this reason valid to apply for revolver? Please all tell me what are the other circumstances in which i can apply a revolver and what is the procedure to do so.

This is very important for me and very urgent. Its the question of my job. Please reply as soon as possible.

vikaskarate

Postby vikaskarate » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Hello Sir,
My name is Vikas from Una, Himachal Preadesh. I am state president for Karate and i am in this field since last 26 years. A well known personality in Hamirpur had called me for appointment as a bodyguard on salary of Rs.50,000. But the requirement was that i should have revolver with me. Please guide me sir, Is this reason valid to apply for revolver? Please all tell me what are the other circumstances in which i can apply a revolver and what is the procedure to do so.

This is very important for me and very urgent. Its the question of my job. Please reply as soon as possible.

goodboy_mentor

Postby goodboy_mentor » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Arms license is usually issued for self protection or sport. You are not required to give any special or extraordinary reason. The licensing authority for issuing license is usually the local district magistrate. You may personally go to the office of district magistrate and complete the required formalities. You will have to fill the application form, give photocopies of required documents like proof of id and residence etc.

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “The Legal Eagle”