Applying for an Arms License in India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:47 pm

prabirghosh wrote:Sir,
I, am Prabir Ghosh, Retired Petty Officer of Indian Navy residing at Kolkata, West Bengal. For a new Fire Arms licence which authority I should approch?

Please let me know the full process.

Prabir
If the area of your residence comes under jurisdiction of Kolkata Police, then you will have to apply in the office of DCP(Licensing) department under Arms Act 1959, of Kolkata Police Head Quarters at Lalbazar. Else you will have to apply to the office District Magistrate of the district in which your residence is located.

The full process has been discussed a number of times in this forum. You may use the search option. In the short the process is as follows -

1. Fill up the application form carefully and submit it along with copies of proof of id, proof of residence, your photo, fees etc. etc. Get the acknowledgement receipt of submission of application form. The office of licensing authority should also be able to guide you in details.

2. Wait till the application is processed. Ultimately the license will be issued or denied.

3. If license is denied do not panic or loose heart. Be patient and polite. Rejection of license is not something unusual or to be shocked about. Happily get the reasons for rejection in writing from licensing authority. Appeal to the appellate authority. If still rejected approach High Court for writ for directions to licensing authority to issue the license as per Arms Act 1959.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:34 am

prabirghosh wrote:Sir,
I, am Prabir Ghosh, Retired Petty Officer of Indian Navy residing at Kolkata, West Bengal. For a new Fire Arms licence which authority I should approch?

Please let me know the full process.

Prabir
try at the police station,
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

phagura
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Applying for an Arms License in India

Post by phagura » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:57 pm

DM (District Magistrate) is the competent authority to issue a Firearm License. In most cases DM authority is DC of the district.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:01 pm

phagura wrote:DM (District Magistrate) is the competent authority to issue a Firearm License. In most cases DM authority is DC of the district
Yes DM is usually the Licensing Authority but in metropolitan areas like New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata etc. having the Commissionerate system, the licensing authority is usually the DCP licensing. You may get further clarification by reading arms rules about this matter.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

rannikunju
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rannikunju » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:22 pm

I am a US citizen with OCI my home is in Kerala
I like to know how can I get a permission to carry gun while in India.
Thanks

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:44 pm

rannikunju wrote:I am a US citizen with OCI my home is in Kerala
I like to know how can I get a permission to carry gun while in India.
Thanks
Any citizen or person can apply. You will have apply for arms license under Arms Act 1959 like anybody else. Arms Act 1959 has provisions for issuing license to both citizens and persons. Since you are not citizen of India, you will come under the category of persons. Proof of identity and proof of residence will be certainly required. Since you are not a citizen of India, you will have to convince the licensing authority why you need to possess a gun.

Rimik
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Rimik » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:48 pm

please send me the ling of the form for arms liecense apply ...

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:32 am

Rimik wrote:please send me the ling of the form for arms liecense apply ...
Please visit the downloads section of the website of Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi, you will find the form. You can use it to apply anywhere in India because the Arms Act 1959 and its Rules, including the application form is same all over India.

harrybhullar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

New license

Post by harrybhullar » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:15 pm

I father is having All India Arm licence and .12 shot gun for last 40 year. Now i want to get transfer this licence and gun in my name.
Plz guide me get licence and gun in my name.
I am from ludhiana and in a private job.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New license

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:36 pm

harrybhullar wrote:I father is having All India Arm licence and .12 shot gun for last 40 year. Now i want to get transfer this licence and gun in my name.
Plz guide me get licence and gun in my name.
I am from ludhiana and in a private job.
Please search the forum, almost all common questions are already answered. Anyways answer to your question can be found in this post viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10993&start=30#p244023 If it is NPB, you will write NPB, if it is PB, you will right PB. Legal procedure for everything else is same.

Anshul Nagar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

renewal of an all India arm license

Post by Anshul Nagar » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:17 pm

Greeting . Can a ALL INDIA valid arm license be renewed from any state in
India other than the issuing state  ?

( Say for example : An arm license is issued from Mumbai - Maharashtra ,
the arm license holder ( with his arms )  is travelling in Rajasthan ( as
he / she has a Valid all India area extention ) now , the 3 year term of
his/her license is coming to an end ! My question is : can it be renewed in
Jaipur ? With unique ID   in place  can jaipur admn renew a Mumbai license
? )
Thanks and Regards

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: renewal of an all India arm license

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:42 pm

Anshul Nagar wrote:My question is : can it be renewed in Jaipur ? With unique ID   in place  can jaipur admn renew a Mumbai license
? )
1. If you have shifted residence, then the licensing authority having jurisdiction over the area for your new residence should receive the renewal application and do everything that is required.

2. If you have not shifted residence but only traveling and suddenly realize that license is expiring tomorrow, then you have no choice except to contact the local licensing authority to receive your renewal application, forward it to the concerned licensing authority and give you receipt of the same so that police may not arrest you.

arun139
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arun139 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:49 am

Myself aarun from Bengaluru our Karnataka state is Best I think for fees structure for arms licence we still have below 500-00Rs. & for renewal it is under 100-00 Rs. I renewed it last week for my SBBL 12 Bore single barrel Gun.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

arun139
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arun139 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:25 am

For your questions it is in Book form

arun139
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arun139 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:30 am

Ebenezer first you have to go KSRP in Mysore road n take rifle training take certificate n later apply n training institute are there in yelahanka n some more places you will have to go medical test n later apply for license which is very difficult to get.