Applying for an Arms License in India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
benny111296
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Applying for an Arms License in India

Post by benny111296 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Is it granted that I will get it under Sport if I can proove that my need is genuine? Because since I am left handed I cannot fire right handed rifle accurately....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
subodh22
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by subodh22 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:44 pm

my question is vakil saab

well if i want to apply for arms license i have to be some rich or same guy from political family background right

i dont want to give my financial details to licensing authorities

can i get license on just for personal protection grounds without having to prove threat to my life

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:15 pm

@Benny.. The need is genuine or not is proved by the Acknowledgment Letter from your Club Secretary. You need that Recommendation Letter in order to Prove you needs.

@Subodh.. Financial Details/ IT Returns is mandatory for Arms Licenses. It's is not Mandatory for Sports Category Only. Also, no one is going to take your word for Personal Protection basis, unless you can back it up with evidence, in this case Police FIR. Unless you are residing on a Terrorist Belt, you will be needing to prove your need.

Rich / Political background helps in doing everything in India. Since, I don't belong in any of the category so, I can't really comment on the benefits it brings. :D

- Rajarshi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-- The Only thing to STOP a BAD Guy with a GUN is a GOOD Guy with a GUN. (y) (y) :irule: :clap:

subodh22
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by subodh22 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 pm

StormTruppen wrote:@Benny.. The need is genuine or not is proved by the Acknowledgment Letter from your Club Secretary. You need that Recommendation Letter in order to Prove you needs.

@Subodh.. Financial Details/ IT Returns is mandatory for Arms Licenses. It's is not Mandatory for Sports Category Only. Also, no one is going to take your word for Personal Protection basis, unless you can back it up with evidence, in this case Police FIR. Unless you are residing on a Terrorist Belt, you will be needing to prove your need.

Rich / Political background helps in doing everything in India. Since, I don't belong in any of the category so, I can't really comment on the benefits it brings. :D

- Rajarshi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
my point is same dont common man have right to protect himself and his family or is it just Rich / Political people life worth protecting?

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:15 am

@Subodh..

Lets go back to our Past to Answer to your Question..
In the Old Days (Days of Kings & Princely Sates) every man had the right to Protect his Life/Family/Home/Property. What the British used to call in the Medieval Ages, Every Man's home is his Castle & he has every Right to Defend it when needed. So, in turn Indians kept stock of arms as per the period to do the needful when the need arises. Swords/Knifes/Guns, etc.

During the 1857 War of Independence, the British East India Company was almost wiped out due to the huge numbers of armed civilians (partisans) supporting the Mutineers. So, the 1st thing they did was to Disarm the Civilians in order control & not to repeat another 1857. This they did with the Arms Act, 1857. Now, India gained independence on 1947. The Indian Leadership under Nehru was practically a rotten bag of eggs. They continued what the British did to keep the country & its people under control. They were so afraid at that stage that they didn't even Upgraded/Expanded the Indian Military, on fears that the Military may Topple the Government. Results? Indo-China War/POK/etc.

So, practically no government will release the power back into the hands of the People. As, its beneficial to the Political Leadership if power is kept from the hands of the People. You may ask "Is it not my right to Defend my Life/Stand up & Fight against those who wrongs you?" The Govt. will say YES!! You are a Free Citizen of the Republic of India.. Please go ahead & Report it to the Police... They will handle it. If not our Judicial System is there to protect you. But, there is a small catch.. you can only file a report after the Incident/Crime had already taken place. So, please wait for it to happen, then we will punish the Offenders.. If you are still not satisfied.. you can always file an RTI.. right?

Now, you may say America has RKBA, why cant we? The fact is RKBA is in the Constitutional Rights of America. America's Constitution was written by the same people who actually faced the British Bullets & Fought in the American Civil War. Not some Intellectual from an University protesting on In-Equality. If Netaji was part of Independent Indian Government, we would have RKBA part of our Constitutional Rights. Even Successive US Governments have tried to curb their RKBA, through Sanctions/Bans & what not.

So, unless you can prove to the Indian Governmental Organizations (Police/Minister/etc) that you are already dying/end up dead any day due to 3rd party hooliganism. Its quite hard to get an Arms License based on Personal Protection normally..

Note: I am not a Historian by any means. The above is my Personal Thoughts.. others might disagree with me.

- Rajarshi.
-- The Only thing to STOP a BAD Guy with a GUN is a GOOD Guy with a GUN. (y) (y) :irule: :clap:

subodh22
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by subodh22 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:52 pm

nice history my friend and i knew all that

what i wanted to know from vakil saab was "if one wants to apply for arms license must he/she to be some rich or from political family background?
what if one doesn't want to give his/her financial details to licensing authorities? can he/she get license on just for personal protection grounds without having to prove threat to my life. is there a way? that was my question....

one dont have to give financial details to get passport..........get my point dear friend

and what can we all do to change this

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:29 pm

subodh22 wrote:what i wanted to know from vakil saab was "if one wants to apply for arms license must he/she to be some rich or from political family background?
what if one doesn't want to give his/her financial details to licensing authorities? can he/she get license on just for personal protection grounds without having to prove threat to my life. is there a way? that was my question....

one dont have to give financial details to get passport..........get my point dear friend

1. As per Arms Act 1959 you do not need to be rich or from political background.

2. As per Arms Act 1959 you are not required to give your financial details. That is why Section 14(2) of Arms Act 1959 makes it very clear that license is not to be refused merely because applicant does not own or possess sufficient property. Also you do not have to prove any kind of threat because as per Section 13(3)(a) of Arms Act 1959, getting a license is your legal right as a citizen, provided you are not offending Sections 9 or 14 of Arms Act 1959. But in many cases licensing authorities act in illegal, high handed and whimsical manner because for them, there is practically no penalty for not respecting the provisions of Arms Act 1959.

3. What can we all do to change this? I have tried to explain the concepts briefly at https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 30#p230480 Matter can be approached in any High Court or better in Supreme Court. Was browsing YouTube and listening to the interview of Retd. Supreme Court Justice Markandey Katju, he was basically of the view that the Indian State has practically collapsed(or is collapsing) and nothing can be expected by doing things "within the system". Following is the video -
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

subodh22
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by subodh22 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:47 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
subodh22 wrote:what i wanted to know from vakil saab was "if one wants to apply for arms license must he/she to be some rich or from political family background?

1. As per Arms Act 1959 you do not need to be rich or from political background.

2. As per Arms Act 1959 you are not required to give your financial details. That is why Section 14(2) of Arms Act 1959 makes it very clear that license is not to be refused merely because applicant does not own or possess sufficient property. Also you do not have to prove any kind of threat because as per Section 13(3)(a) of Arms Act 1959, getting a license is your legal right as a citizen, provided you are not offending Sections 9 or 14 of Arms Act 1959. But in many cases licensing authorities act in illegal, high handed and whimsical manner because for them, there is practically no penalty for not respecting the provisions of Arms Act 1959.

3. What can we all do to change this? I have tried to explain the concepts briefly at https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 30#p230480 Matter can be approached in any High Court or better in Supreme Court. Was browsing YouTube and listening to the interview of Retd. Supreme Court Justice Markandey Katju, he was basically of the view that the Indian State has practically collapsed(or is collapsing) and nothing can be expected by doing things "within the system". Following is the video -
the reply i have been looking for thank you very much goodboy_mentor thank you

ParekSachin91
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ParekSachin91 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:21 pm

In Form A what would be the difference between target-shooting and sport?

Gagandeep11
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Gagandeep11 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:38 pm

I am gagandeep singh from bathinda
State punjab I work as farmer their is lot of bad noise and animals and a man not thing understood what shoud they can do not having s lot money
If I have I can afford a scurity from a policy a s a one man I think. If can issue me arm licence I can take a simple hand pistol plz corpate with me
I will thankful you

ParekSachin91
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ParekSachin91 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:53 am

When someone applys for a gun license under under any quota, what type of questions would the D.C.P / S.D.M ask the applicant? Anyone know?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

ParekSachin91
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ParekSachin91 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:41 pm

Is SPORTS a good enough reason to get a rifle license for target practice and competitions?

Also what documents are required when applying for a gun license?

lazafcsm
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by lazafcsm » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Mr.abhijeet , please guide me how to apply for fourth arms licence , as I am a Nrai member and I have 3 weapons in my licence , a 12 bore , a pistol , and npb , guide me as you have mentioned we can apply

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:54 pm

You will need to get a letter from NRAI stating that you are their member and as per section 3 of the arms act wish to acquire a 22 rifle for target practice, etc. NRAI charges a small fee for all such letters IIRC it is around ₹550 to 600. Attach a copy of the letter along with your application and proceed as you would with any other firearm addition case.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

prabirghosh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by prabirghosh » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Sir,
I, am Prabir Ghosh, Retired Petty Officer of Indian Navy residing at Kolkata, West Bengal. For a new Fire Arms licence which authority I should approch?

Please let me know the full process.

Prabir