Applying for an Arms License in India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Applying for an Arms License in India

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:21 am

StampMaster wrote:Hi All,

Today I met a guy in my friends office. As we both are gun enthusiasts.. we were discussing about the laws..

He is from Bihar, son of an Ex-Army personnel. His father owned the a gun (DBBL) which he got transferred to him as family heirloom. All this has happened 6 years ago.

In our conversation, I asked how come he is carrying his gun to Hyderabad, Telangana. He mention that he has All India Validity :o . And he said after one year of holding the license, we can request for all India validity and AL will do it. Now this comes to my surprise. I have even asked him, if he has used alternate methods or mentioned the reason for extension. But he responded NO and said usually AL does not bother to extend validity, but a simple application request.

Can anyone here confirm this- after one year we can get area extension or all India validity without much fuss.
I am not aware of any such rule and as far as my knowledge goes no such rule exists. AIV is sanctioned to only a limited category of people like govt. officials who may get transferred any where in India or renowned shooters etc. One may also apply for AIV if he travels on official work around India, but that is a rare condition.

Also AIV is sanctioned by the MHA, except for renowned shooters that can be done by the LA.

Atul

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:52 am

Real cause of misery is that unfortunately many people(public) rarely understand the difference between games and gimmicks in politics.

Games are played behind closed doors and curtains, the outcome is in real actions. Rarely the games get revealed to public, sometimes maybe by accident or mistake.

Gimmicks are played publicly for public consumption. Many people accept gimmicks or get confused or mentally surrender to the gimmicks.

There is absolutely nothing within Arms Act or its Rules that prevents MHA sitting in New Delhi from issuing any kind of firearms license or any kind of area validity. This is "the game". Everything else is gimmicks. MHA decides when to play the game or play the gimmicks.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:15 pm

Atul Saab, after talking to this guy, I came home and read the MHA site twice with all keywords in this regards and found the same you've mentioned.

I knew it, but I wanted to confirm this from old licensee's too.

GMB ji, I agree with you. Most of the govt run on unofficial orders and all of them might be against the present laws and acts.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Prior to 2010, power to issue All India Validity was with the individual states. AIV was granted as a matter of course at that time, it is only after MHA issued its infamous "Arms Policy advisory" in April 2010 that the power to issue AIV was taken away from states and centralised with MHA.

The state governments can presently issued AIV to only very limited types of applicants, which of course has the cause of much misery to the general public.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

vijaysarda
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vijaysarda » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:11 pm

I got a question, do i need to apply to a rifle association (RA) before i apply for a gun licence? I was talking with the TRA official and he said i should apply for Telangana Rifle Association (TRA) before i apply for licence. Which sounds strange to me....should i learn / join a coaching center or shooting range to get some knowledge before i join a RA...?

Also, is it mandatory to join a RA?

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:48 am

vijaysarda wrote:I got a question, do i need to apply to a rifle association (RA) before i apply for a gun licence? I was talking with the TRA official and he said i should apply for Telangana Rifle Association (TRA) before i apply for licence. Which sounds strange to me....should i learn / join a coaching center or shooting range to get some knowledge before i join a RA...?

Also, is it mandatory to join a RA?
As per the law you do not need a RA membership to apply for a license, and most of the states I know of do not insist on a RA membership.

Atul

arjun6699
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arjun6699 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:14 am

Hello Respected Members
I want to apply for a firearm licence in meerut, i approached a gun shop in on PL sharma road the dealer told me that no new firearm licence are being issued in Uttar Pradesh. I have fallen in love with firearms since i have joined this forum. please guide me as to how i can procure a licence.
Thank You
Arjun
Last edited by arjun6699 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:55 pm

well one could wait until they start issuing again or move home to different state. if ones life is under thereat then apply get refused go to court etc.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

abhi11
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhi11 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi All,

I need ur inputs on the below situation:

I recently applied for arms license for .22 pistol & rifle, they authority came back to me asking that i should be getting a NOC from my organization, but when I spoke to the HR in the organization they strictly declined in giving any NOC for this purpose.

Is there any way to over come this issue? as I cant force the HR on this , hope u understand why...

Just for all your information: I reside in Noida, and travel in public transport to & fro office during late hours.
Regards
Abhi

" All In All We Are Just Another Brick In The Wall"

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:01 pm

noc is not required as per arms act/rules from ones employers. why not ask them under what act/rules they want the noc from employers?

it will be good to have a look at the arms act/rules as this will tell you when someone is sh*** on you
Nagarifle

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:19 pm

nagarifle wrote:noc is not required as per arms act/rules from ones employers. why not ask them under what act/rules they want the noc from employers?

it will be good to have a look at the arms act/rules as this will tell you when someone is sh*** on you
In India rules don't matter it is what the 'babu' in the LA wants, that matters...

Atul

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:57 pm

tell that to the judge mate
Nagarifle

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:56 pm

nagarifle wrote:tell that to the judge mate
It appears you have blind faith in judges? After reading the experiences of following fellow citizens, probably your opinion will be a little bit different http://combatlaw.org/wp-content/uploads ... rticle.pdf
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:34 pm

not blind faith, gun faith, having followed the link, its not blind faith but calculated faith. As the man said if you are right no one can stop you. crooked judges or the government. the same law works for both, only he who has big stick gets to talk loud.lol
Nagarifle

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:18 am

A friend of mine who is a lawyer and in Raj. state government's panel, had applied for license. LA has asked why do you need license, what is the threat to your life.
Any advice on how to frame the answer. He'll also meet the LA in person.

Secondly, my father has licensed muzzle loader with tehsil validity at ancestral village. I'm planning to apply for license as hereditary transfer. But I shuttle between Jaipur (hometown) and Noida where I work. Given the difference of locations against current license validity area, how to build my case?

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..