Applying for an Arms License in India

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
arun139
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Applying for an Arms License in India

Post by arun139 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:43 am

You won't get Fresh license in Bengaluru very hard if it's transfer from father to son possible that to with all procedure.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
arun139
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: RE:

Post by arun139 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:43 am

ragunnaath wrote:
nagarifle";p="34079 wrote:Hi Abhijeet
thanks for that, i followed the link, good work there. [emoji38]
However i did not find the soultion to my Q. what i am trying to find out is that; on the application form, when applying for firearms, there is one part around the end of the form, section 12, which states
"in which form licence is required" what does this mean? i an trying not to be pain in the rifle butt. :twisted: i just do not understand what this means! or to what this refers to. please advice.

thanks
Nagarifle
Hi Naga,

Not sure if you got the answer to your question on what to fill up under Section 12 for "In which form License is required", but thought I'd help.

When I applied for an Arms Lic, I was asked to fill in my choice of Pistol or Revolver, and I filled in Pistol.

HTH!

Regards,
Ragu
It should be in Book form
badshah0522 wrote:
nagarifle";p="33918 wrote: hi
does anyone know when applying for firearms licence where it say(12) "form in which licence is required" what does this means?

thanks
nagarifle
there are different forms of licence related to fire arms and there are specific number for each type,i dont remember the numbers,but they are as follow
For club license-i think it is form 6
For NP bore guns- form 3 (not sure)
for repairing -
for manufacturing
For selling arms & Ammo
etc etc.
so you have to mention in which form do u require a license,sorry i dont remember the number for each catagory

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Sagarsoni
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sagarsoni » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:03 am

In Today's newspaper, states can give all India permission.... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ARVIND PARIHAR
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

For online registration of my .315bore rifle

Post by ARVIND PARIHAR » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Sir we having a all India permit licence for .315bore rifle. We can carry all states of India. Sir I applied for online registration for my licence.then how to check out my licence online registration done or not.procedure for checking online registration for my arms licence.

vikaskarate
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vikaskarate » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Hello Sir,
My name is Vikas from Una, Himachal Preadesh. I am state president for Karate and i am in this field since last 26 years. A well known personality in Hamirpur had called me for appointment as a bodyguard on salary of Rs.50,000. But the requirement was that i should have revolver with me. Please guide me sir, Is this reason valid to apply for revolver? Please all tell me what are the other circumstances in which i can apply a revolver and what is the procedure to do so.

This is very important for me and very urgent. Its the question of my job. Please reply as soon as possible.

vikaskarate
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vikaskarate » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Hello Sir,
My name is Vikas from Una, Himachal Preadesh. I am state president for Karate and i am in this field since last 26 years. A well known personality in Hamirpur had called me for appointment as a bodyguard on salary of Rs.50,000. But the requirement was that i should have revolver with me. Please guide me sir, Is this reason valid to apply for revolver? Please all tell me what are the other circumstances in which i can apply a revolver and what is the procedure to do so.

This is very important for me and very urgent. Its the question of my job. Please reply as soon as possible.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Arms license is usually issued for self protection or sport. You are not required to give any special or extraordinary reason. The licensing authority for issuing license is usually the local district magistrate. You may personally go to the office of district magistrate and complete the required formalities. You will have to fill the application form, give photocopies of required documents like proof of id and residence etc.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sharvesharnold
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sharvesharnold » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:02 pm

hello i recently got admission in coimbatore rifle club
i need to know that if i achive a reknowned shooter status in 10m air pistal can i use that to apply for .22 pistal with all india permit because 10m air pistal event is not a fire arm related so can i get .22 pistal for target practice or i should seperatly achive in 22 pistal events like center fire pistal , and rapid fire , 50 m , like that ????

Virendersingh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by Virendersingh » Mon May 01, 2017 2:44 pm

Sir I am working as assist manager in a public sector bank. How can I convience the license issuing authority to issue me the license.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by mundaire » Mon May 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Virendersingh wrote:Sir I am working as assist manager in a public sector bank. How can I convience the license issuing authority to issue me the license.
You need to show a "reason" for wanting to own a firearm. The acceptable reasons are self-protection, sports & crop protection. If you are applying under sports, at the minimum you will need to show membership of an association and participation in some sporting events. If it is self-protection, you will need to convince the authorities of your need for the same. Just thinking aloud here, an idea could be to collate the violent crime statistics for your state and attach it along with your application, stating your current profession and why you feel that you too could be the target of any random act of violence.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

hussainmba
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hussainmba » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Are licenses still issued at taluka level and district level? some one was telling me that now we have only state and all india licenses.. is this true?? e.g. I stay in Delhi but My hometown in Bihar (Banka Dist) and if Can i apply in Delhi Arms Licence Authority. what will be the minimum jurisdiction for me..

hussainmba
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hussainmba » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Are licenses still issued at taluka level and district level? some one was telling me that now we have only state and all India licenses.. is this true?? e.g. i stay in Delhi but I from Bihar and if can i apply in Delhi Arms Licencee Authority. what will be the minimum jurisdiction for me..

baazigar020
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by baazigar020 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:03 pm

Hello Forum Members, Have a Good Day.
I felt for the First Time in my Life that I need a HandGun for Self Protection. Please Read my Reason below. Please guide me whether this Reason would be a geniune one to obtain Licence. Thanks in advance.

My Name is Antony. I am from Karnataka. I am an Automobile Photographer. I am about to start a Website which will guide people to Buy/ Clarify their doubts regarding any Automobile in India. Also I will start a Car/ Bike review Video and post it on Youtube.

Now, for that I have to travel all India. I don't wish to travel in my personal Car or invest in petrol. I will be carrying Camera and some Gear worth Rs.5 Lakh everytime with me. Since now I have invested my hard Earned money in my Website, I don't want to loose this and get stolen. Since I will be meeting Unknown people in Unknown Places, and to Protect myself and my Belongings, I need a HandGun.
Can I prove this Reason to obtain Licence?

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:30 am

how much time a license for a gun is issued? How long does it take to renew?

Tashi3900844
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Expected code of conduct - MODIFIED

Post by Tashi3900844 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:58 pm

I want to apply .32 pistol... What is the procedure