ARMS WHICH DO NOT REQUIRE LICENCE

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: ARMS WHICH DO NOT REQUIRE LICENCE

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:46 am

To find this out one may do RTI in office of District Magistrate/SP/State Home Department. These offices should have the information with them.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:12 pm

While searching for Thane DM this particular thread came up. A slightly diff thread but sorta relevant here - check out this link. If the babus can cite security reasons from kids and senior citizens - any notification can be made applicable in the (Korum) mall etc. Methinks Babus want the park for their kids exclusively and then they will turn over to a developer in a year or two, considering proximity to the NH-3.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/2/2 ... ldren.html.

GB_M, Korum mall security cites "Thane Police notice" while carrying out car-checks and frisking. Interestingly, Thane police (City) also seem to provide sniffer dog (labrador) from time to time to this mall. Could not find DM for Thane city - may be RTI ought to be filed with Comm of Poilce or Comm of Muni Corp. Will check out with a couple of guys and proceed.

-- Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:31 pm --

====
Had an interesting interaction with Base Camp guys (Korum Mall, Thane city). A small size Meula which discovershashank has (INR 1500), is sold. So I ask the salesboy if I can carry it around (sheathed) in the Mall - he said "Absolutely Not. Not in any public place in Mumbai or Thane city." So my next question was "So if I buy it here and step out of the Basecamp shop I shall be carrying it along in the mall. Now this is a problem situation - I mean I have cleared security before entering the mall and now I shall be lugging along a blade which is not allowed in the very public place I have purchased it from. So would it be illegal for me to carry ? The salesboy was quite confused and got away with "No one asked me this before. I need to check up with "Sir" - please leave your name & number and we shall call you." The "Sir" was conveniently not there. Let us see if they revert. :-)
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vrohan59 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:31 am

In Meghalaya,as in Nagaland privypurse is in place,I'm not sure of the exact details of this act,)please feel free to enlighten),which as Nagarifle has pointed out sets these two states apart.In Meghalaya too country made weapons are made in villages,and still people openly carry them.
@Naga,India's borders are long,but the question is whether the forces really want to guard it :!:
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:35 am

vrohan59 wrote:In Meghalaya,as in Nagaland privypurse is in place,I'm not sure of the exact details of this act,)please feel free to enlighten),which as Nagarifle has pointed out sets these two states apart.In Meghalaya too country made weapons are made in villages,and still people openly carry them.
@Naga,India's borders are long,but the question is whether the forces really want to guard it :!:
Hi V rohan,

You may be misinformed there if by 'weapons' you mean guns.

In Meghalaya, country made guns , though fabricated in a number of remote-ish villages, are frowned upon by the establishment and regular raids and hauls suggest the absence of any 'privy-purse-weapon' arrangement other than titular. Open carry of country made guns would be in pretty way out places normally beyond the reach of "don't bother about being armed, we are always there" variety of policing.

In the case of Nagaland the provisions of Article 371-A(1), allow continuance and non-interference in local traditions and practices which include, in the case of some tribes like the Konyaks, Khaimungan etc., the tradition of gun-making...obviously as long as they are for 'traditional' and localized use.... and certainly not commercial.

If you are referring to blades and cutting iron of the larger variety like Daos, spears and other unpleasant cutlery, its again because these fall under customary practice or traditions....again 371 at work.

As regards "privy-purse" in Meghalaya....applicable to the Syiems (Kings) in Khasi Hills. Apparently as of 1953, 1/8 of the of the revenue of the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council went towards the upkeep of the Syiem/Syiems. In Nagaland, I'm not aware of any such arrangement as only the Konyaks have what can be equated with a king.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 am

both my ARMS need no licence...........he/..he

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:37 am

@ airgun_novice, your mistake was asking the shop guy!!! :lol: In fact, if you go by the rules, are they allowed to stock the knives in the shop in the public place? By the way, mall security IMHO, is just another way to make you feel insulted, insignificant, helpless, violated, etc., etc., while being totally ineffective!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:57 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:both my ARMS need no licence...........he/..he
ROTFL - Doctor saahib, cultivate them like a wrestler or a boxer and soon you might need to apply for one. :-)

-- Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 pm --
essdee1972 wrote:@ airgun_novice, your mistake was asking the shop guy!!! :lol: In fact, if you go by the rules, are they allowed to stock the knives in the shop in the public place? By the way, mall security IMHO, is just another way to make you feel insulted, insignificant, helpless, violated, etc., etc., while being totally ineffective!!
Very true. :agree:
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

gun474
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gun474 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:34 pm

Hello !!
Can anyone Guide me How to Get Old Iron Cannon and Swords. Do they Require Licence. Seen many Cannons being place outside Private Palaces and Hotels.