HELP

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
zaheerdavid
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

HELP

Post by zaheerdavid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:37 am

Hi Experts.

My name is David, 26 Years old, Indian Citizen, Temporary Address in Bangalore, permanent address in Trivandrum, Kerala. No Police cases in India. I would like to buy a .315 Sporting Rifle from Bangalore for Sporting and Display purposes. Would I be able to buy one in Bangalore as I am not a permanent resident here, or do I have to buy one from my home town and get a transport license for it (I don’t have a land line, nor a gas connection in Bangalore) However I do have a “Valid Passport” “Temporary Residential Address Proof” “Company Address Proof” “PAN Card” “Income Tax Sheet” etc

Would appreciate it of I could know how much a .315 Sporting Rifle with scope is plus taxes.

Looking forward to a reply

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: HELP

Post by art_collector » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi,

Before a gas connection or any thing else you need to have a firearms licence .Hope you have that before you can buy a 315 Bore Rifle.

AC-10831

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:35 pm

http://indiansforguns.com/dload.php?act ... file_id=13

For starters get in touch with some Bangalore members...
You need the above form and also the police report, in duplicate.Check and down load appropriate forms from down loads section?

Caste certificate -applies in UP
Proof of residence
Medical certificate-to prove fitness and sanity.a format would be:

name
s/o
w/o
R/o

Does not report any history suggestive of psychiatric disorder.No active psychopathology could be detected on his/her current mental stateexamination.
He/she is well oriented to time, place, person , with preserved judgement.

Name
Reg No and seal of issuing physician.

Broadly...
State variations apply, I think in Blr, one has to undergo a formal rifle handling/training programme, and PAY for the police verification FORMALLY, unlike here, where chunna is the word used, more if it falls around festival time Holi, Diwali Eid etc teh cops are very secular in that :evil:
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."