Is It Legal To Buy Bullets for Collection Purpose.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Is It Legal To Buy Bullets for Collection Purpose.

Post by advitiyas » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:11 am

Respect to Seniors - Lov to Frd
Here is one more wild query. Can anyone (Me) buy Bullets of different makes just as collector's items. I have seen replica type key chain n such things, but how about keeping the actual stuff. Are there any bullets without the explosive filled in.

:arrow: thanks for all ur help

regards
advitiyas

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Is It Legal To Buy Bullets for Collection Purpose.

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:51 am

advitiyas";p="37918 wrote:Respect to Seniors - Lov to Frd
Here is one more wild query. Can anyone (Me) buy Bullets of different makes just as collector's items. I have seen replica type key chain n such things, but how about keeping the actual stuff. Are there any bullets without the explosive filled in.

:arrow: thanks for all ur help

regards
advitiyas
Hi Advi,

Strictly speaking, you can't.

You'll need a license to purchase any kind of bullet other than pellets. That too only the type specified under your license.

Regards,
cc

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:38 am

Hi Advitiyas,

You should be able to get empty bullets with the slug in it. People who refill bullets could help you out by fixing only the slug without the powder.

Cheers
Ranjeet
Last edited by Ranjeet Singh on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:29 pm

Some relevant judgements etc. in this regard:

Though lead as such is not ammunition, piece of lead in the shape of a bullet or shot is ammunition - AIR 1936 All 392

Ammunition means the projectile thrown against an enemy such as bullets, shells, grenades, bombs etc. with their necessary propellants. Ammunition within the meaning of the Act refers to ammunition for any firearm and the like. Therefore, a cartridge may be treated as an ammunition if it is alive. - Surinder v. State of Haryana 1994 (2) CRIMES 953 (SC)

The burden lies on the prosecution to establish that the material in possession of the accused is ammunition within the meaning of the Act. - Gujjar Singh Santosh Singh v. State of Maharashtra 1976 Mah LJ 485.

Old, dirty and rusted loaded and live rifle cartridges and bullets, which are considered by the possessor as mere scrap and unserviceable, but some of which may likely to be found serviceable after cleaning, are ammunition. - 4 ILR (1947) Kar 49

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:19 pm

***DELETED***

Watch what you post, Diskaon. The next infraction will earn you a suspension.

Mack The Knife
klick klack..... diskaon

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:59 pm

Who The *&^* made that law? OK I will check wth some local gunsmith. But if its illegal to carry even the lead projectile then I think I should better stick to those bullet keychains.

Yaar Yeh India itne rule n regulations hai to crime par control kyon nahi hota. Are these law r just for us commoners.

Thanks Mems for ur valuable comments and showing me the way out ;)

regards
advitiyas
Just Do it !

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:19 am

NO

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:28 am

I see various ammo displays at shows and stores here that have various cartridges all setup nicely in a display case. I wonder if its just the brass shell and the projectile and no primer and powder. Idathunk it'll be like this. I also have a keychain like Advitya, with the brass shell and projectile, but where the primer would be is the chain coming out to the keyring.

I would think these are inert, with just the brass shell and the bullet/projectile. As the burden of proving these are inert is on us, and if it can be proven that there is no primer or maybe if the bullet/projectile is not crimped but screwed on to unscrew and prove that there is no powder to ignite, I'd think it should be fine, eh ?