Retainership

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
damin_clain
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Retainership

Post by damin_clain » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:17 pm

Can the retainer purchase arms and ammunition directly or he has to take authority from the licence holder ? Also how does the retainer transfer the licence to his name?

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:26 pm

damin_clain";p="37736 wrote:Can the retainer purchase arms and ammunition directly or he has to take authority from the licence holder ? Also how does the retainer transfer the licence to his name?
To purchase ammo he has to show an authority letter from the license holder, AFAIK he cannot purchase arms - for that the license holder has to sign himself and be present. The process for applying for a fresh arms license is the same for a retainer, though some consideration is usually given to people who already have their name on the license as retainers - typically in transfer of family heirloom cases from one family member to another...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:42 pm

I was planning to apply for retainership of my parent's arms.
Has anybody here tried / applied for retainership in Delhi......

-Nishant

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Retainership

Post by art_collector » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:37 pm

HI Abhijeet,

Whats the position regarding authority letter in the act. Any idea if it is specifically mentioned in the Arms Act.

AC

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:20 pm

art_collector";p="37744 wrote:HI Abhijeet,

Whats the position regarding authority letter in the act. Any idea if it is specifically mentioned in the Arms Act.

AC
Sorry my bad! It seems that anyone (not just a retainer) can be authorised by the arms license holder to purchase ammunition on his behalf. The format in which this authorisation is to be given is:

http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india ... rchase.pdf

I had mistakenly stated above that this was available only to a retainer, the retainer (as with anyone else) would need to get the authority letter duly filled out and signed by the arms licensee before he can purchase ammo on his behalf.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:17 pm

[quote="mundaire";p="37747"]
art_collector";p="37744 wrote:HI Abhijeet,

Sorry my bad! It seems that anyone (not just a retainer) can be authorised by the arms license holder to purchase ammunition on his behalf. The format in which this authorisation is to be given is:

http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india ... rchase.pdf

I had mistakenly stated above that this was available only to a retainer, the retainer (as with anyone else) would need to get the authority letter duly filled out and signed by the arms licensee before he can purchase ammo on his behalf.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
[/quote]

In the past I have purchased ammo on behalf of another license holder with an authority letter, not in this format you posted though.

However, the format you posted is confusing. The license holder is requesting but his license no. is not mentioned; however the license no. of the person authorised is mentioned there. What is the authorised person doesn't have a license?

AMK