Indian Arms Licence-Retaining Original Booklet After Expiry

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Indian Arms Licence-Retaining Original Booklet After Expiry

Post by hellfire_m16 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi Guys,

A small query.

My Arms Licence was renewed from 01-01-2007 to 31-12-2009.

I sold my 0.22 bore rifle In the end of 2007.

I was granted permission to bye a 0.22 rifle and produce it before the competent authority on or before 31-12-2007(which i did not do).

My 2 cents(might be wrong) is that as of now my Arms licence automatically becomes Invalid/Expires.

The case worker tells me that I have to give a letter to the Commissioner's office to cancel my arms licence along with the original arms licence which will not be returned.

I do want to retain my original licence for keep sakes and for the future-for applying for a new licence if and when i come across a firearm within my budget.

Kindly let me know is it possible for me by law to retain the original arms licence booklet by getting cancelled or something of that sort stamped on it from the competent authority.

Thanks and regards In advance,

Vinayaka
Last edited by hellfire_m16 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris

For Advertising mail webmaster
badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Who told you that your Licence is expired???? as u wrote that it is renewed till 1-12-09.
You mean you did not presented the .22 rifle for endorsement which you already sold????
Usually in U.P we get 3 months time for sale purchase.in which the old gun can be sold and a new gun can be bought and endorsed(after seen by magistrate).
you can simply meet the officer and tell him some genuine reason ,,he will again grant you 3 months time to buy a new one.or some time they put some peneltyand settle the issue.
But you licence will stay valid till 2009,

BTW when did you bought the rifle & when did you sold it,because after 3 months permission you cann not sell it without taking a new permission to sell.
Last edited by badshah0522 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Why don't you simply put in an application for extension of purchase period? They can (and usually do) extend it up to 1 year... worst case scenario, at the end of the year if you are unable to locate a suitable rifle - buy an old junker from a dealer with the understanding that he will buy it back from you, less a certain amount (that would be his fee). Most dealers keep such rifles with them only for this purpose - for clients to "fill" their arms license as a stop gap measure...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Badshah,

I did not bye the rifle it was transferd from my dads licence to mine quite some time ago.

Regards,

Vinayaka
-Chuck Norris

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:47 pm

Abhijeet,

Thanks for the info........will do some brain stroming about the same.

Thanks and regards,

Vinayaka
-Chuck Norris

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:50 pm

It is not a big Issue ,,same thing happened with me ,,i sold my revolver in Feb 2007 and got 3 month permission to buy another one,,but i was not in india,in November i took more time over my licence and bougth a new one.
hellfire_m16";p="35787 wrote: Badshah,

I did not bye the rifle it was transferd from my dads licence to mine quite some time ago.

Regards,

Vinayaka
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"