Schedule 5 animals (vermin)

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Schedule 5 animals (vermin)

Post by Pran » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:53 pm

Missed that, Abhijeet.

The prices are very steep though..

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

For Advertising mail webmaster
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:45 am

Thanks Abhijeet
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:59 pm

amk";p="35604 wrote:Guys, you've got my thoughts wrong. I eat animals, plants, anything I am allowed to eat. I'll slaughter them for food; I breathe due to necessity, but I'd feel odd to kill living creatures for fun.

If some creature or living being is a pest or harms me I can understanding killing it.

Sniper, thanks for the science lesson.

Mundaire, poultry is farmed for food. Not for sport/fun.

I did not say I am against this, I just said that I don't understand why anyone would do that. What pleasure can anyone derive out of that?

AMK

AMK, I do not see anything wrong with your line of thought. At least with your right to have your view.Personally, I would not like to kill anything purely for fun.

However, as Abhijeet points out, game shooting of birds involves taking the shot only when the bird is in flight thus giving it a sporting chance , not wasting the birds shot,observing seasons,maintaining a viable population of the game species etc. I think it is a good compromise.

Personally, I would prefer rough shooting.You walk the field and you or your dog put a bird up,you take a shot.More challenging and does not involve large quantities.Fun.However, I might try once a driven shoot.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."