a bypass for import

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

a bypass for import

Post by saahil » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:33 pm

hi all
my cousin is a lawyer but he is not a gun lover(unfortunately). once i was discussing the firearm import ban law with him. he adviced me in a totally different way. he told me that the ban is not by any amendment or any act,but its by some order passed by ministry of finance.he adviced that a person should file a case in court and directly ask the court to grant permission for import on the ground of the incompetency of indian made arms and the high price of used imported arms.suggestion needed.
take care.

For Advertising mail webmaster
casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:50 pm

i totaly agree with you the order for the ban is an executive instruction which can be challanged in any court and if the court finds merit in the plea it can dismiss this order
i dont know whether the order was ratified by the parliament at any time

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:20 pm

casual shooter";p="35059 wrote:i totaly agree with you the order for the ban is an executive instruction which can be challanged in any court and if the court finds merit in the plea it can dismiss this order
i dont know whether the order was ratified by the parliament at any time
The order is part of the ExIM policy and as such is ratified by the parliament each year... along with the rest of such economic policies etc. as part of the annual budget bill....

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein