a query

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

a query

Post by saahil » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:58 pm

hi all
i just wanna ask the learned members that is it possible for a diplomat from some other country who is posted in india to keep or import a firearm in our country and can he sell it, if he wishes to some individual or to gun dealer.
take care.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:02 pm

Diplomats can certainly bring their firearm/s into India or atleast that was the case when I used to live in Delhi in the 70's but I am not sure if they are permitted to sell their guns or ammunition to an Indian licence holder be it an individual or a gun shop.

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: a query

Post by saahil » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:09 pm

hi Mack The Knife
please let me know more about it.regarding the point weather diplomats can sell their guns to individual or dealer.
take care.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:16 am

regarding the point weather diplomats can sell their guns to individual or dealer.
They can't

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:01 pm

THANKS SSS

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:38 pm

Technically the embassy is still the home country.. so sale to any person outside will technically be a cross country transaction. hence it will be deemed Import of firearms whihc is banned
klick klack..... diskaon

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:29 am

Diplomatic personnel and home based personnel of Foreign and Commonwealth Diplomatic missions in India,Foreign (career) Consular Officers,Consular Agents,Trade Commissioners,Assistant Trade Commissioners and Trade Agents in India are allowed to import firearms including of category 1(c) without the payment of any duty,however their sale is prohibited