scope import info needed

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

scope import info needed

Post by shutzen » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:08 pm

HI! Folx ;) Has any member here imported a rifle scope through courier or parcel? Kindly share your experience I am more interested in this as the gun dealers /sellers ask outrageous prices for el cheapo $20-40 scopes and flog em as if they are gods gift to Mankind ;) Pl post your exp. - custom duty paid if any- even if you carried it in or someone got it for you and whats the legal take on this as even IOF was offering .315 scoped.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:42 pm

Riflescopes cannot be imported via post or courier. You will have to ask someone to bring one for you.

Bushnell Optics have a dealer in Delhi but their prices are even higher than those found at gun dealers and there is a bit of paper work involved, including endorsing the scope on your licence.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: scope import info needed

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:26 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="33806 wrote: Bushnell Optics have a dealer in Delhi but their prices are even higher than those found at gun dealers and there is a bit of paper work involved, including endorsing the scope on your licence.
Just to give you a hint about Indian Bushnell dealer prices, Bushnell Legend 5*15*40 Mildot will cost you around 28K excluding shipping and they require you license. This price is around 2 years old when I was lookign for a scope for my D52

HTH

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:28 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="33806 wrote: ...including endorsing the scope on your licence.
I did not know that rifle scopes needed a licence endorsement. Why does it have to? Cant an individual buy a scope without a rifle or a licence? (like a binocs)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:34 am

import of telscopes is restricted at present so no one can legally import a riflescope !however you can import telescope for astronomical use but that should not have any sighting reference in its viewfinder.
people who say that a rifle scope can be entered on your arms license are misleading you all as there is no provision for such device in the arms act,eve swords and daggers etc. are not entered on the arms license although the are considered as arms (arms other than firearms) as per the arms act.
coming to scopes and bushnell dealer in india he can get you the scope imported only if you have import license issued by ministry of finance GOI N.delhi as all such items relating to their potential use in firearms have been restricted as pe import policy way back in 1986. the status of riflescopes in ITC HS classifications as restricted,so make sure that you are not mislead and be in trouble.
you can ask someone to get one across in baggage if possible.

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:54 am

bobby bhaiyya please introduce yourself., for all of us to know you better,i can assume you can share good information.
sanjiv