What If...

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

What If...

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:10 pm

a person moved between cities in last four years? Can he apply for license in the city he presently in? if yes then what procedure should cops take to grant him a license.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: What If...

Post by Risala » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:17 pm

Inder

Moving around frequently cause of work is not a good enough reason for denial of lic,what you would like to convince them about is that while you travel often,B'lore remains your permanent base.

Basically the Lic authorites would look for some permanent ID for proof of residence,in case your passport does not have the local add,perhaps a ration card,tel bill ie land line or driver id might help.

Good luck

Sanjay

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:04 pm

kanwar76";p="33606 wrote:a person moved between cities in last four years? Can he apply for license in the city he presently in? if yes then what procedure should cops take to grant him a license.

-Inder
Yep, the application is to be made from the place one is (currently) normally resident at. All previous addresses, during the last 5 years should be mentioned though (with from - to dates) and the licensing authority is free to send for a police verification report to all/ any local police stations under whose jurisdiction you have previously resided.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:12 am

I guess that if most of the movement is within the same state, its that much easier. Right?
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: What If...

Post by kanwar76 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:12 am

Sanjay";p="33666 wrote:Inder

Moving around frequently cause of work is not a good enough reason for denial of lic,what you would like to convince them about is that while you travel often,B'lore remains your permanent base.

Basically the Lic authorites would look for some permanent ID for proof of residence,in case your passport does not have the local add,perhaps a ration card,tel bill ie land line or driver id might help.

Good luck

Sanjay
Hi Sanjay,

I am not talking about the moving from bangalore, I moved to bangalore around 3.5 years ago from Delhi where I worked for 1.5 year. So my question is If i move again back to delhi then will I ever be able to get a license as currently cops in Bangalore are asking for a proof of residence in Bangalore for last 5 years.

I have my passport from Bangalore with my current address.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:17 am

mundaire";p="33673 wrote:
kanwar76";p="33606 wrote:a person moved between cities in last four years? Can he apply for license in the city he presently in? if yes then what procedure should cops take to grant him a license.

-Inder
Yep, the application is to be made from the place one is (currently) normally resident at. All previous addresses, during the last 5 years should be mentioned though (with from - to dates) and the licensing authority is free to send for a police verification report to all/ any local police stations under whose jurisdiction you have previously resided.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Hmmmmmmmm, I didn't saw any heading in application form so I didn't do it.. Don't know what gonna happen and the main problem is I don't have any proof of residence in Delhi for the time I was there apart from my experience letter from the company I worked for..

Don't know what these guys going to do now...

-Inder