Prohibited Bore calibres & firearms

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Post Reply
sushant042005
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Re: Prohibited Bore calibres & firearms

Post by sushant042005 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:35 pm

Is Winchester carbine 30 bore PB or NPB, it’s semiautomatic.

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
Vineet
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Prohibited Bore calibres & firearms

Post by Vineet » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:25 am

.30 carbine is both PB and NPB.
If its semi auto, it is PB
If it is converted to single shot, then its NPB.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

avtomat
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: New Delhi
Contact:

0.30 carbine

Post by avtomat » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:18 pm

I have a 0.30 cal carbine but am uunable to get ammunition. XCan someone help me in this? I have a 50/100 licence.
regards
Piyush Chandra

MAGNUM
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: PATNA

Re: Prohibited Bore calibres & firearms

Post by MAGNUM » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:01 pm

sushant042005 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:35 pm
Is Winchester carbine 30 bore PB or NPB, it’s semiautomatic.
Prohibited bore & prohibited action are two different things ,.30 is a npb but semi automatic & automatic actions are prohibited in the category of rifles ,in fact automatic action is prohibited in all categories & semi automatic is only allowed in the pistol category.

User avatar
Vineet
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: 0.30 carbine

Post by Vineet » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:15 pm

avtomat wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:18 pm
I have a 0.30 cal carbine but am uunable to get ammunition. XCan someone help me in this? I have a 50/100 licence.
regards
Piyush Chandra
.30 carbine cartridges available. Please contact viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22589&start=60
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

User avatar
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot
Posts: 5082
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: 0.30 carbine

Post by mundaire » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:43 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:15 pm
avtomat wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:18 pm
I have a 0.30 cal carbine but am uunable to get ammunition. XCan someone help me in this? I have a 50/100 licence.
regards
Piyush Chandra
.30 carbine cartridges available. Please contact viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22589&start=60
What year of import? Or are these the old world war II Western Cartridge Co. (WCC headstamp) cartridges?
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

User avatar
Vineet
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: 0.30 carbine

Post by Vineet » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:55 am

mundaire wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:43 pm
Vineet wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:15 pm
avtomat wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:18 pm
I have a 0.30 cal carbine but am uunable to get ammunition. XCan someone help me in this? I have a 50/100 licence.
regards
Piyush Chandra
.30 carbine cartridges available. Please contact viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22589&start=60
What year of import? Or are these the old world war II Western Cartridge Co. (WCC headstamp) cartridges?
Old (WCC headstamp) as well as new (Sellior and bellot) available. Price of these .30 carbine cartridges are quite high.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

OneWildlifer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 am

Re: Prohibited Bore calibres & firearms

Post by OneWildlifer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:51 am

Play along with me here, per Arms Act Section 45 (b) (ii) How does a Public Servant prpcure a PB Firearm, say a Glock ?

User avatar
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot
Posts: 5082
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: New Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Prohibited Bore calibres & firearms

Post by mundaire » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:35 am

OneWildlifer wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:51 am
Play along with me here, per Arms Act Section 45 (b) (ii) How does a Public Servant prpcure a PB Firearm, say a Glock ?
Public servants don't require an arms license for firearms issued to them (by the Government) for discharge of their duties.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Post Reply