PIL for airgun pellets.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

PIL for airgun pellets.

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:59 pm

As you all know we are facing so much problem to acquire pellets for our phoren airguns, dealers are talking through their A$$es when you ask price. One dealer quoted INR 3 per pellet for .177 pellets to me in Bangalore

Now as govt has allowed import of .177 airguns then I don't see any logic why .177 import can't be allowed. I think its just a formality as Babu's need a piece of paper to allow things so why not file a PIL asking for import of pellets, I think it will be pretty easy to get judgment in our favor.

There are many lawyers as our members so they can guide us how to proceed, Hopefully I will be having some time on my hands near Xmas, I can take it up if somebody guide..

So guys, what you think? Should we go ahead and get a first for IFG?

-Inder
PS: Please forgive me if you think its a BAD idea :oops:
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:03 pm

Great go ahead. What about the info for the .177 import policy. WIll some IFG members go to customs and seek clarity in the rules ?

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:17 pm

shahid";p="32105 wrote:Great go ahead. ?

Yah I only need your permission... :roll:

Please read clearly.. I can take it up if somebody guide so guidance I require not permission.. :D
shahid";p="32105 wrote: What about the info for the .177 import policy. WIll some IFG members go to customs and seek clarity in the rules?

What clarity.. its crystal clear.... you can import .177 if you have a membership of any shooting club and you can bring one as personal baggage irrespective of whether you have membership or not…..Yah I agree right now Bombay customs are taking some other route most probably because some idiot must have try to act smart and shown them the import notification

I think people just need to learn how to talk to custom guys when land with an air gun rather then act smart :roll:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: PIL for airgun pellets.

Post by biking3819 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:41 pm

Inder i have now really given up hope to get .177 finale match pellets,as u have had the same experience of pellet prices if at all available.

the idea is so noble and it cud benefit the sport in particular and thus i guess sport can be one major factor we cud think of putting up,besides i also thought of asking for a letter from the local club i am a member (state RA accredited)supporting the cause and helping members,which cud be attached with the litigation,if at all IFG members and seniors favour this idea.
warm regards sanjiv

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:44 pm

Look Inder, I only wrote my comments to encourage you, not to entice your bad sense of humor.

DO whatever you like, if you do not wish for support then why write about it here ? If you are the clever one then do it alone.

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:48 pm

Sanjiv - if any IFG member achieves qualification scores and needs match pellets for state / national / international competition, let me know, I'll arrange to send him / her whatever amount of pellets is required.

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:39 pm

shahid";p="32120 wrote:Sanjiv - if any IFG member achieves qualification scores and needs match pellets for state / national / international competition, let me know, I'll arrange to send him / her whatever amount of pellets is required.
thanx sirji,
still i wud like to let know that shooters here are using imported unjustified expensive pellets in their rifles and pistols to achieve practice scores,
due to misfit/incorrect size of pellets in the bore theres a possibility of a flyer,we in india need imported .177 pellets for atleast the sake of protecting the expensive equipment .
thanx and regards sanjiv

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:25 pm

shahid";p="32119 wrote:Look Inder, I only wrote my comments to encourage you, not to entice your bad sense of humor.
You already doen that buddy boy :wink:
shahid";p="32119 wrote: DO whatever you like, if you do not wish for support then why write about it here ? If you are the clever one then do it alone..
What freakin support you gave me by writing "Great go ahead" and why I wrote here because I don't know how to file PIL so if somebody can guide me how to do it..

look like second para of my earlier post touched some raw nerve.. :D :D

And i am sure if I am not the clever one I am not the dumb one either that title go to somebody else... :roll: :wink: :D

Have fun

-Inder

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:46 pm

It is a painful process Sanjiv but we will try our best to do something about it, just let this season of elections and govt change in Bihar get over, then we will dedicate efforts to it.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:59 pm

Look's untenable,I dont think the grounds are strong enough for a PIL to be admitted :(

PIL's are normally admitted in cases where the society at large benefits.

Sanjay
Last edited by Risala on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:04 am

Sanjay";p="32136 wrote:Look's untenable,I dont think the grounds are strong enough for a PIL to be admitted :(

PIL's are normaly admitted in cases where the society at large benefits.

Sanjay
Thanks Sanjay, I should have asked that also..
can it really be done if yes then how is all I want to know.

-Inder

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 am

We bring international glory by winning medals in shooting sports, and the tally is much higher today than any other sports.

Isn't that reason enough. All it needs is a good draft and clever lawer. When it comes to sports equipment the law for imports is favourable.

What needs to be worked on is that air gun is not a firearm. Moment this rout e is taken , the case will turn.

If you guys agree I will get it questioned in the parliment next session.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:31 am

Inder,

To give it a shot one will need to hire a lawyer, to draft a petition for submission in the High Court or

Supreme Court ,it will probably go before a 2 judge bench to see if it is tenable,if it is admitted you got a

case.Off course your average lawyer will tell you that he will not guarantee the outcome of the hearing,and

still send you a bill for the work,infact he will take most of the moolah upfront.

A good lawyer will tell you to stick to master shots or get the imported ones when you travel abroad :lol:

Shahid,those who bring in the medals in any case are given all the ammo,pellets etc by the Gov,so it doesnt

really matter.

HTH

Sanjay

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:11 am

True what about those who have the potential to get there ? Use mastershot till qualification scores or print better groups with balanced even sized, eve weight pellets, if the shooter is willing to spend money on better stuff why not let him have it ?