Arm License Issue

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
khushdeep
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Arm License Issue

Post by khushdeep » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:43 pm

hi
i had applied for arm license in december 2016 for self defence
but i did not get any reason or reply in written from PLA branch or dC office till now.
i have my file no and fee reciept
please suggest me for next step what should i do
i am from sonipat haryana
thanks in advance

For Advertising mail webmaster
pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Arm License Issue

Post by pran80 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:18 pm

Dear khushdeep,
Easiest is to do an RTI.
My to cents. Senior members here can guide you better.
Thanks,
Pranjal

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Yes, you should file an RTI with reference to Arms act as if i recall correctly, there are time period defined in it for the accepting or rejecting a application

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 pm

I guess you should pursue the file's movement. Also keep in touch with the clerks. They do help the movement of your file sometimes with a small fee.

Km82
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Km82 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:58 pm

ASIF007 wrote:I guess you should pursue the file's movement. Also keep in touch with the clerks. They do help the movement of your file sometimes with a small fee.
I totally agree with you.This is a fact and common in most of the state. Although its wrong, but if one wants the quick movement of file then this is only the option.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sfcabhishek
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sfcabhishek » Mon May 25, 2020 12:35 pm

Best would be to contact the arms clerk and take the file in your hand and personally pursue it at various office like revenue and police for the verification and then submit it to the arms clerk. If you do things correctly (if you know what I mean) it should not take more than 15 days to get it done. The only hurdle would be the DM or the commissioner. Filing RTI for status is a very good idea but all this tends to piss off the officials and reject the application giving whimsical reasons.