had anyone been granted area extension of arms license in punjab?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Kistenze
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

had anyone been granted area extension of arms license in punjab?

Post by Kistenze » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi

my queriers are as under

1 . have any one been granted area extension of arms license in punjab ? if yes what the procedure

2. i am holding a valid arms license under punjab jurisdiction (my work place ) but i daily travel to my new house in panchkula (haryana) via chandigarh , so technically i cross two states daily . so is it advisable to carry my gun along and what liabilities may follow ?

3. i read in arms act 2016 that

" If a person who holds a licence in Form III changes his place of residence, permanently, or temporarily for a period of more than six months, and carries with him the arms covered by the licence, to a place falling, other than within the jurisdiction of the existing licensing authority indicated in the licence, he shall, immediately before the expiry of a period of six months, send intimation about such change to the licensing authority of the place of his new residence and shall on demand, forthwith produce the licence and the arm or arms to the new licensing authority by applying in Form B-1 and indicating there in the particulars of his new residence. "

so does that mean i have 6 months excuse ?

regards

amrit

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: had anyone been granted area extension of arms license in punjab?

Post by Vineet » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:58 am

1. Apply for area extension with your district licensing authority giving them proper proof why you need area extension. Then on the recommendation of your DM, your file will be approved by Home department of Punjab in Chandigarh. You can apply for extension of Chandigarh and Haryana state.

2. You can not move with your weapons to Chandigarh or Haryana if your license is valid only for Punjab.

3. No sir. The text you have quoted applies when you shift from one place to another, that is already covered in license. For example if you move from Ludhiana to Ambala. In this case your license should be valid in Haryana otherwise you can not move to Ambala with your weapons.

If your license is valid for Haryana then you can move to Ambala and will have to inform the authorities if you are moving for more than six months.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Reddick
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: had anyone been granted area extension of arms license in punjab?

Post by Reddick » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:14 am

Well , I too wanted to extend the jurisdiction of my arms license and got my file completed to be submitted at Suwidha Center at my home District.
But I was informed there that the 'online processing software' is being updated at all the centers and only after the completion of this process one can submit his/her application form.
The process may take a month nearly to be in operational :roll_eyes: