Journey Permit for carrying arms

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:06 am

I wish to contribute for those members who want to get a permission to travel outside the jurisdiction of their Arms licence . The application is to be made in the format of Form 11 in the New Arms Rules 2016 . You can download the same from Pdf of rules provided on IFG website itself and its on page 259 of pdf if you download it from here.
CONDITION: is this form is applicable when the Gun to be carried is already endorsed on the licence.
DOCUMENTS AND FEE : There is no fee as per my knowledge presently.
You give an additional application typed and addressed to District Magistrate with a valid reason for need of journey Licence
You attach a photo copy of your Arms Licence
Attach your photo
And thats all .
TIME TAKEN TO ISSUE: The rules prescribe a time of 2 days to accept or deny such application but it may take anything upto 10 -15 days. All depends upon the working style of the officer and staff. So apply well in advance.
Thats how i got mine and i am attaching photos of same . Others experience may be different.

From
Ajaybir S. Sandhu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Journey Permit for carrying arms

Post by Vineet » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:50 am

Ajaaybeer wrote: DOCUMENTS AND FEE : There is no fee as per my knowledge presently.
Ajaybir S. Sandhu
Fees is Rs. 500 (for each firearm). Mentioned in Schedule IV, point no 16 of Arms Rules 2016.

Also read somewhere that Journey license can be valid for maximum one month. So at the time of filling the form XI its always better to mention in point no. 10 (form XI) 'valid for one month from date of issue'. This way you get maximum time. Always better to have more time and not need it than to need time and not have it.

And in point no. 9 mention 'As and when required till Journey License is valid'. This way you can carry the weapon any no. of time within one month.

In point no. 7 just mention 'Faridkot to Jammu'. This way you can go by any route. Always better to have more options.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:35 am

I have listed whatever i did practically for the getting a journey licence.
. No fee was charged and to mention route of journey is specifically asked before issuing.
Others may have a diff experience.
I welcome others to share their experience when they get a journey licence issued together with pictures for help of others.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

sniper2014
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sniper2014 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:37 am

Ajaaybeer wrote:I have listed whatever i did practically for the getting a journey licence.
. No fee was charged and to mention route of journey is specifically asked before issuing.
Others may have a diff experience.
I welcome others to share their experience when they get a journey licence issued together with pictures for help of others.
Thanks a lot Ajaaybeer. I am sure this information will help many members. All the best. Will try and give feedback on own experience.

rana11
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rana11 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:20 am

]hello sir i m from punjab
my arm licence only vaild for punjab
but me and my family plan trip to mumbai
and due to the fear of bad aliments i want carry my revolwer with me sir
tell me process for Journey Permit for carrying arms can without extend
juridiction of arm licence can we carry wepon on Journey Permit ??
tell me process plz
thanks ji

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:00 pm

You will have to give application to DM/ ADM mentioning that
1. You need to carry your weapon outside your license jurisdiction area i.e to Mumbai.
2. Give reasons to support your need.
3. That 'Journey license' should be issued to you on Form XI of the Arms Rules 2016

If DM/ ADM is satisfied with your reasoning, your application will be accepted and after completing all the formalities, 'Journey License' on form XI will be issued to you. There is government fees of Rs. 500 for it.

More on it....viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26183
Vineet Armoury

rana11
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rana11 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:25 am

hello sir i m from punjab
my arm licence only vaild for punjab
but me and my family plan trip to mumbai
and due to the fear of bad aliments i want carry my revolwer with me sir
tell me process for Journey Permit for carrying arms can without extend
juridiction of arm licence can we carry wepon on Journey Permit ??
tell me process plz
sir one of my friend told me thay Journey Permit for carrying arms is only for shooter . is it true ? or can any one can apply this ? mean a normal persion can apple this ?? sir i had only punjab state area vailidity on my arm licence . sir kindly tell me where free submit ? because in punjab fee are paid only in sewa kanders but Journey Permit for carrying arms are not in list which sewa kander provide . sir plzz help me and tell me about what type readoning are accpeted
because me and my family pland to vist mont abu and mumbai by road by car due to the fear of bad eliments i wannt carry only my rewolwer with me . because i m social worker and i speak agiant drug issue in punjab
so i have fear of bad eliments plzz guide me sir
i will very thankfull to all of you ji
plzz

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:42 am

rana11 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:25 am
sir kindly tell me where free submit ? because in punjab fee are paid only in sewa kanders but Journey Permit for carrying arms are not in list which sewa kander provide.
You will have to deposit fee in bank (government account) by filling a chalan. The people at your district arms branch will guide you.
Vineet Armoury

rana11
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rana11 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:09 pm

thanks

rana11
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rana11 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:19 am

hello sir i go to in my disstrict DM OFFICE IN ARMS BRANCH THEY TELL ME THAT their is no journey permit for carrying arms
sir i wannt to know what will i do now ??
the told me that is their was any permit of this kind to carry wepons than only home deppt can issuse
they tell me that they dont know about these type permit
help me plzzz sir
can u plz tell me in which act or in which kind time we an apply this ??
plz sir guide me

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:56 am

Form XI in Arms Rules 2016.
Vineet Armoury

rana11
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat