laws regarding muzzleloader?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
airgunner97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

laws regarding muzzleloader?

Post by airgunner97 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:42 pm

hi i want to know about what is the law regarding muzzleloader?
in arms rules you need license but same time arms act exempt it by stating obsolete pattern.

in villages of north india many people keep muzzleloaders and most of them didn't license and they shoot them in front of cops and journalists!! so its really confusing thats why i'm asking if anyone know about what would be applied if someone wants to own muzzleloader.

from my point if view i think for old muzzleloader (mathlock and flintlock) people doesn't need license and for new they need a license.(something like in uk with martini henry rifle you can keep old one without license but you need license for new.)

or authorities won't enforce it something like they did with .22 cal airguns because they think muzzleloaders are useless because it takes a lot of time to reload, you can't fire it rainy whether and you have to carry many equpments with yourself.

as people can own 5kg of gunpowder in explosive rules and lead projectiles in GSR 991 without any license.

so its confusing please tell me if you know anything about this.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: laws regarding muzzleloader?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:04 pm

airgunner97 wrote:hi i want to know about what is the law regarding muzzleloader?
in arms rules you need license but same time arms act exempt it by stating obsolete pattern.
so its confusing please tell me if you know anything about this.
Do not possess any firearm without proper license because there is no judicial precedent that clarifies what is obsolete pattern firearm. What you think or I think is irrelevant. If case is filed against you by police under Arms Act 1959, you will be immediately arrested and have to face trial. No one knows what will be the final outcome. If you want to dig deeper and want judicial clarity, you will have to approach High Court or Supreme Court. Contact any advocate and show him this post click here He will understand what needs to be done. Otherwise just forget the idea.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992