Do rimfires other than .22 require license?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
airgunner97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Do rimfires other than .22 require license?

Post by airgunner97 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:41 am

hi i want know that did rimfire rifle other than .22 will require license or not.
i was reading the arms rules where there are only all centerfire rifles and .22 rimfire rifles only mention so what is the policy over non 22 cal rimfire rifles. i think all non 22 rimfire ammo expect .17 is very old so they were comes under sec 45 but i'm not sure.

and also one thing i also want to know about policy on needlefire and pinfire guns.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: rimfire other than .22 will not require license

Post by Vikram » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 pm

Calibres do not matter. Calibre differentiation essentially is to define prohibited and non-prohibited categories, which entail different licensing procedures.All rimfire, needlefire and pinfire guns fall under the definition of firearms.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

airgunner97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by airgunner97 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Vikram wrote:Calibres do not matter. Calibre differentiation essentially is to define prohibited and non-prohibited categories, which entail different licensing procedures.All rimfire, needlefire and pinfire guns fall under the definition of firearms.
i'm agree with you. but muzzleloader is obsolete pattern i think expect smoothbore caplock long guns. can we own/make flintlock, matchlock and caplock handguns without license? (yes i know all guns are classified as firearms but they treat diffrentlly by law.)

well i saw many people in village that owns muzzleloaders without license.( i didn't know what action there guns use.)

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:20 pm

airgunner97 wrote:i'm agree with you. but muzzleloader is obsolete pattern i think expect smoothbore caplock long guns. can we own/make flintlock, matchlock and caplock handguns without license? (yes i know all guns are classified as firearms but they treat diffrentlly by law.)

well i saw many people in village that owns muzzleloaders without license.( i didn't know what action there guns use.)
There is nothing like obsolete pattern when it comes to our laws. Muzzle loaders, whether matchlocks,caplock or flintlocks, need license. Those keeping guns without license are violtating the law.

airgunner97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Do rimfires other than .22 require license?

Post by airgunner97 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Vikram wrote:
airgunner97 wrote:i'm agree with you. but muzzleloader is obsolete pattern i think expect smoothbore caplock long guns. can we own/make flintlock, matchlock and caplock handguns without license? (yes i know all guns are classified as firearms but they treat diffrentlly by law.)

There is nothing like obsolete pattern when it comes to our laws. Muzzle loaders, whether matchlocks,caplock or flintlocks, need license. Those keeping guns without license are violtating the law.
oh i thought that matchlocks and flintlocks have simple barrel construction same as cannon and therefore possessing and manufacturing of cannons( that has smoothbore barrel upto 24inches and 1 inch caliber and not heavier more than 27kg.) under GSR 991 so anyone can make matchlock gun as cannon first and them mount it on stock and add a match then it will still legal?

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Could you please quote where you are getting these interpretations? Thank you.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:39 pm

It might help if someone edited the title a bit. it seems more of a statement than a question and might mislead.
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:53 pm

snIPer wrote:It might help if someone edited the title a bit. it seems more of a statement than a question and might mislead.
/S
Good point. Cheers.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:10 pm

snIPer wrote:It might help if someone edited the title a bit. it seems more of a statement than a question and might mislead.
/S
Yes, it definitely comes across like that. For a moment I could not believe what I was reading till I read the conversations in the thread!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

airgunner97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by airgunner97 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Vikram wrote:Could you please quote where you are getting these interpretations? Thank you.
i'm just try to explain that getting a muzzleloader is very easier and i think autorities didn't care about someone with a muzzleloader thats why they keeping those type of guns same as they didn't did anything with .22 air guns and swords. but i still can say there is obsolete pattern in laws but people didn't know about it only few people know and even they knew about this they wanted a modern automatic weapon instead ancient hand cannon i saw a youtube video where a guy is shooting muzzleloader and in comments people make fun of that gun and they didn't even intrested in.

and i see there were a school shooting about few months a go where attackers using muzzleloaders and they were not farmers and also in a history tv documentary i guy who is also not farmer but have a matchlock but arms rules and act says only farmers will get ML license.

obsolete weapons are just not sword and muzzleloader there many weapons that used since they human civilazation began. so from my point of view any weapons that didn't mentioned in arms rules is license free but i'm not will advise someone.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:21 pm

airgunner97 wrote:oh i thought that matchlocks and flintlocks have simple barrel construction same as cannon and therefore possessing and manufacturing of cannons( that has smoothbore barrel upto 24inches and 1 inch caliber and not heavier more than 27kg.) under GSR 991 so anyone can make matchlock gun as cannon first and them mount it on stock and add a match then it will still legal?
Do not attempt these type of creative ideas. Please read here click here
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

airgunner97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by airgunner97 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:15 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
airgunner97 wrote:oh i thought that matchlocks and flintlocks have simple barrel construction same as cannon and therefore possessing and manufacturing of cannons( that has smoothbore barrel upto 24inches and 1 inch caliber and not heavier more than 27kg.) under GSR 991 so anyone can make matchlock gun as cannon first and them mount it on stock and add a match then it will still legal?
Do not attempt these type of creative ideas. Please read here click here
ok but can you explain me why these guys in video making matchlock and shooting them?

cause its not replica cause they shoot them and neither they doing illegal work cause they showing there faces.
here is

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:25 am

airgunner97 wrote:ok but can you explain me why these guys in video making matchlock and shooting them?

cause its not replica cause they shoot them and neither they doing illegal work cause they showing there faces.
here is

Nothing mysterious or illegal about it. It is most likely one of the several licenced firms that produce historical replicas. There are a few in Rajasthan. Almost all are exported, under licence.

That is a very interesting video, BTW. Thank you for sharing.