How many licensed arms may a renowned shooter own?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ghouse0908
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How many licensed arms may a renowned shooter own?

Post by ghouse0908 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Good Evening,

I would like to know "how many weapons are allowed to obtain to renowned shot category sports person" and as per which rule or act.

Thanks & Regards
Ghouse

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re:How many licensed arms may a renowned shooter own?

Post by mundaire » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:20 pm

ghouse0908 wrote:Good Evening,

I would like to know "how many weapons are allowed to obtain to renowned shot category sports person" and as per which rule or act.

Thanks & Regards
Ghouse
The Government of India has issued many notifications over the years under Section 41 (Power to Exempt) of the Arms Act 1959. Amongst these notifications are those which have provided for specific exemptions for renowned shooters from parts of Section 3 of the Arms Act 1959*.

As things stand today, a person who is a renowned shooter in one discipline is permitted up to 7 licensed arms and a person who is a renowned shooter in more than one discipline is allowed up to 10 licensed arms. Arjuna Awardees (in shooting sports) are allowed an unlimited number of licensed arms.

The relevant notifications may be downloaded from either NRAI's website ( http://www.thenrai.in ) or Ministry of Home Affairs website.

HTH
Cheers!

*As you would recall, it was a 1983 amendment to Section 3 of the Arms Act 1959, which brought in the 3 Arms limit, prior to that there was no such limit.

Added in 3 minutes 2 seconds:
Re: How many licensed arms may a renowned shooter own?
P.S. The topic has been split from the one where you had earlier posted.
Request all members to please post under the most relevant topic heading.
If you cannot find a relevant topic/ thread under which to post, please feel free to start a fresh thread/ topic (under the most relevant section here).
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ghouse0908
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: How many licensed arms may a renowned shooter own?

Post by ghouse0908 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:14 pm

thanks you for the reply but i am not getting the relevant notification for this, can you help me out for getting the notification

Thanks & regards
Ghouse