NPB FIREARM ON PB LICENCE

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
baradkar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

NPB FIREARM ON PB LICENCE

Post by baradkar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi All,
I am holding a PB arms licence issued by MHA, Govt. Of India, New Delhi and endorsed one 0.38 revolver in it. I want to know that, is it possible to buy another NPB firearm on the same PB arm licence?
I want to buy NPB weapon as I am facing problem to get 0.38 ammunition in the market. Need expert advice on it. Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
Musale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: NPB FIREARM ON PB LICENCE

Post by Musale » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:12 pm

According to me you can only hold one weapon. If you want to get a NPB weapon then you need to re-apply for the license and get permission to have a second weapon endorsed on the same license.
I am sure some seniors on the forum can shed more light on this topic.

baradkar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by baradkar » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 am

Thanks for the reply, i think it is not allowed to have 2 arm licnece for one individual, thats why i am thinking to buy second NPB firearm on PB licence, But not sure about it

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:07 pm

baradkar wrote:Hi All,
I am holding a PB arms licence issued by MHA, Govt. Of India, New Delhi and endorsed one 0.38 revolver in it. I want to know that, is it possible to buy another NPB firearm on the same PB arm licence?
I want to buy NPB weapon as I am facing problem to get 0.38 ammunition in the market. Need expert advice on it. Thanks
I have seen a person’s licence who is aquainted to me . He is holding two licences one for P.B bore 455/450 with endorsement of a revolver and another with N.P.B pistol .32 acp and a 12 bore gun . If he has these two there could be a possibility for you.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Jkdatta66
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Jkdatta66 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:36 pm

After the enactment of arms rules 2016 ,any person having two or more fire arms need to get them merged by 1 November 2017 in one licence book,provided they are in the same category,if one is PB bore and another NP bore then two license booklets will have to be issued.I hope this answers your question.

Mrlearner
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mrlearner » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:41 pm

baradkar wrote:Hi All,
As replied by my friends, You can not have an NPB weapon on a PB arm license booklet or vice versa.
But there is no bar that you can not have two licenses, one for PB and other for NPB. I believe that you are aware the NPB licenses are granted by the state/District Magistrate of your area. Rule 26 of Arms Rule 2016 states that license book for Restricted (earlier known as PB) will be of Maroon colour and of Permissible category of weapons (earlier known as NPB) will be of blue colour. Even if a person possesses two weapons of different categories under two different license books, the UIN will be same for both the licenses.
The merging of licenses is for the same category of weapons. For more details kindly go through section 15 of Arms Rule 2016.

Regards

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Earlier, when the power to grant a license for a "PB" i.e. Restricted Firearm was with the Home Department of each State, you could have PB and NPB firearms entered on the same license booklet. In fact booklets issued pre 1983 or '86 (I forget the exact year), used to have PB and NPB endorsed on the same license booklet, as the licensing authority was at the State level.

However, once the power to grant PB licenses shifted exclusively to the Central Government (Ministry of Home Affairs), this practice stopped. This is because for licenses which are granted by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), the local licensing authority has no power to vary it in any manner whatsoever, they may only renew it (when it comes up for renewals), that is all (see Item No. 3, Schedule II of the Arms Rules 2016).

As an interesting aside, when the new Arms Rules 2016 came in, and all local licensing authorities were asked to consolidate individual license booklets and issue only one UIN for each individual arms license holder, they hit a speedbump. Because the National Database of Arms Licensees (NDAL) system had not provided for cases where people held more than one booklet, of which at least one was issued by MHA for a PB firearm. As mentioned above they were unable to combine these MHA issued booklets with the ones issued by the local licensing authority, and the system would not allow the same UIN to be entered on to two different booklets!

This problem was sorted out in a few months and people holding two booklets (one PB and other for their NPB firearms) were finally issued the same UIN for both their booklets.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein