cannons are legal in india?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
BRENgunner88
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

cannons are legal in india?

Post by BRENgunner88 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 am

hi
i'm new here in this forum and i want to know that we can own cannon in india legally?

For Advertising mail webmaster
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: cannons are legal in india?

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

ROTFL
In India People are not able to get decent firearms legally, you want to own Cannon?? Watch some video on YouTube and make one yourself and don't tell anybody about it.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:46 pm

if you are asking about the Display piece people use to keep at gates of their mansion then yes its legal b.coz it will not shot a projectile so not fell in fire arms category. but not a working artillery in any way is legal here.
Regards

Shivaji

BRENgunner88
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BRENgunner88 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:if you are asking about the Display piece people use to keep at gates of their mansion then yes its legal b.coz it will not shot a projectile so not fell in fire arms category. but not a working artillery in any way is legal here.
what about those cannon that fires? i seen many people using them but i don't know they required license or not.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:29 pm

A working Artillery/field Gun ( cannon) is not permitted to citizens to own. In Rajasthan many craft dealers are selling the Brass and Cast iron Models but that is only a replica. these never have the Internal zig zag metal strip forged layers, top and barrel construction etc. if any one tried to fill these pieces with powder and shot I am sure that they will blast with the Charge Pressure. Some Royal families still have some antique pieces that they occasionally fire but I am sure that is without a Ball or Projectile and only purpose will be the cannon Blast Effect.
Regards

Shivaji

BRENgunner88
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BRENgunner88 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:A working Artillery/field Gun ( cannon) is not permitted to citizens to own. In Rajasthan many craft dealers are selling the Brass and Cast iron Models but that is only a replica. these never have the Internal zig zag metal strip forged layers, top and barrel construction etc. if any one tried to fill these pieces with powder and shot I am sure that they will blast with the Charge Pressure. Some Royal families still have some antique pieces that they occasionally fire but I am sure that is without a Ball or Projectile and only purpose will be the cannon Blast Effect.
i think GSR 991 allows people to own toy cannons that create blast effect and sometimes shoot small balls. but i don't know gsr 991 is still legal or not cause government bans .22 air rifles.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Ya i.e. a Toy cannon. You can Have that. No Probs.
Regards

Shivaji