Renewal of Arms License under new act. Help!

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
azizQuadri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Renewal of Arms License under new act. Help!

Post by azizQuadri » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi You need to use schedule 2 form and the renewal .
according to new arms rules of 2006, Prescribed time limits for various services under the rules for licensing authorities under Schedule II states that the arms license must be renewed within 30days from the date of receipt of police report.

for your references:

Time limit for police report for grant of licences.─ (1) On receipt of an application for grant of a licence
under sub-section (1) of section 13 or every subsequent renewal thereof under section 15, the licensing
authority shall call for a report of the officer-in-charge of the nearest police station on that application, and
such officer shall send his report in Form S-4, within a period of thirty days from the date of receipt of
application by him.

The licensee shall submit the application for renewal of licence minimum sixty days prior to expiry of the
validity period of his licence with the concerned licensing authority along with the payment of fees as
applicable under Schedule IV.

For Advertising mail webmaster
tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarzanboy73 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:22 am

My License was due for renewal on 19 Apr 20. Due to the lock down, the clerk refused to take my application and has asked me to come after 03 May. I have deposited my weapon in my unit armory and hope the buggers renew soon. Is anyone else facing this problem?

tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarzanboy73 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:58 am

Long story...I had applied for a change of residence with the DC office in Oct 19...The same had not been done till 22 Mar 20. On 24 Mar we went into lockdown so obviously not yet been registered ...Further my arms license has expired on 19 April. The clerk in the DC office refused to take the application for renewal saying nothing was being accepted during the lockdown and also that it cant be renewed till registered in the new place.

Any advice on what I should do now will be appreciated.

The clerk did say. "Don't worry these are not normal circumstances"