Tourist/Foreign National Temporary Arms License

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ajs815
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Tourist/Foreign National Temporary Arms License

Post by ajs815 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:14 am

Hello.

I am now an American citizen with OCI/PIO card living in USA. I currently have a Pistol License in New York and own a 9mm semi auto. My first question is how do I apply for a Foreign National temporary License that supposedly is valid for 6 months. Do I go to the Indian Embassy/Consulate here in NY? Or do I apply for it at port of entry at the airport in India? Also can I get Prohibited Bore since I already have a gun (9mm)due to US not being restrictive in caliber? I also would like to know if its an ALL INDIA permit since I have no residence in India plus traveling ( Mumbai, Goa, Kerala).Will be visiting India every 3-4 yeasr for 2 week to one month. Please give me as much info and details as possible. Has anyone got this type license? Thank you- any info much appreciated.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Tourist/Foreign National Temporary Arms License

Post by mundaire » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:08 am

Short answer: forget all about it

Long answer: Temporary arms licenses for foreign visitors are (now days) issued only for sports persons who are visiting India with the express purpose of participating in a shooting competition. Earlier (when hunting was legal) they were also granted for that purpose, of course that is no longer applicable.

So unless you can get yourself invited to India to participate in an officially organised IPSC/ practical pistol type match (which aren't currently held in India at all), you aren't likely to have any success in this endeavour of yours.

Sorry if the news isn't quite what you would have liked, but's unfortunately the way things currently are in India.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein