Help regarding arms licence

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Help regarding arms licence

Post by Sam Kunal » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:53 pm

Respected members,
My arms licence for self-defence is pending with my District Senior S.P. I went to meet him but the reader told that he does not want to meet anybody regarding arms licence. I have attached all relevant documents. But the application is pending for 3 months with him. Please guide me,how to go about it ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Help regarding arms licence

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi Kunal, in this regard my opinion is that, if SP is competent authority for issuing Licenses then its up to him or her when will license will be issued. If you have applied because of some threat to you or your relative then you can take help of your Advocate to pressurize SP. And one more thing, if you know some reputed person in your District or State who can call SP and tell him to issue the license ASAP. Definition of 'Reputed Person' may vary from area to area.

Regards

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Thank You,Sumbriavikramaditya for your reply. I don't know any person of repute.There were some police officers but most of them have retired .The main problem is that he is not giving any audience to people regarding arms licence.The DC is a nice person as so I have heard ,he will issue licence as soon as the file reaches him.

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 pm

As most of the applicants in India face this problem. I saw a video on Youtube about this issue. It was told that an Advocate applied for the arms license and authorities denied it on the basis that there was no threat to him or his relatives. He moved to court and Judge directed the licensing authorities to issue the license with in a month or so as it is the right of every person to protect himself and his dear ones.

I will search for that video and send you the link.

Regards
Vikramaditya

Added in 6 minutes 48 seconds:
I found it.

Regards

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:59 pm

Thank You,for the video. But as of now I cannot go to the court. I will try to meet and convince the DC to grant the licence without waiting for the police report. Will let you know how it goes.

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:41 am

Sir, if SP don't issue Police NOC it will be difficult for DC to issue the license. By the way to which District and state do you belong?

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:46 am

I belong to Ranchi District,of Jharkhand State.I think there is a provision for the DC to issue licence after a certain time period on his own discretion without waiting for the police report.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:04 am

Sam Kunal wrote:I belong to Ranchi District,of Jharkhand State.I think there is a provision for the DC to issue licence after a certain time period on his own discretion without waiting for the police report.
No body in prudent mind or sense will grant you a licence at cost of his job bypassing procedure.

I suggest you to goto your local politician and request him to direct authorities to clear your file .
Bescause in Punjab during election days just before code of conduct, this entire process is bypassed. You just fill your file and attach relevant docs and they will get it done and no need to run pillar to post.

Goodluck
Ajaaybeer
Last edited by Ajaaybeer on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Yes, I agree with Mr. Ajaaybeer. It is very important to get all documents clear and attached with your Arms License Form. Because Bureaucrats with sound mind will never sign on any document which will get them in uneasy situation.

Regards.

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:20 pm

Thank You for your suggestions. Will try to find someone e who can help me.Till then I can do nothing but wait.