G.S.R. 991 still legal?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
FPSguy88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

G.S.R. 991 still legal?

Post by FPSguy88 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:06 pm

hi we all know that .22 air gun are need license after arms rules 2016 but i want know what about if someone still owns or buy .22 air guns or pellets i'm asking this because on youtube there are many people showing there newly purchased air guns.

so if something match the requirement of G.S.R.991 but didn't arms rules 2016 then it would still legal to posses or purchase without license?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: G.S.R. 991 still legal?

Post by Ajaaybeer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 pm

The present Hakoomat ( government) has implemented all the rules and policies in haste whether its aadhar , gst, demonitisation or new arms rules. So even the concerned clerks wont have clearity of do’s and don’ts.
As per my interpretation they have set a criteria of allowing all air guns as permissible but categorised them as air guns/pistols under two sub categories (1:)with more or (2:)with less of 20 joules of energy limit or bore .177for air guns/pistols as permitted. The rules are listed on IFG website , you can read them .
The licence is not required for (2:) with less then 20 joules of energy or smaller bore. But as per rules it is required for larger bore and shall be issues by a DM. But they have not further elaborated guidelines to measure the same or specified which concerned office or authority will give clearance to the same if already in possession or either to surrender immediately whatever.

So wait till next elections to see what happens of these rules and regulations i.e they are implemented with same force or not.
There are so many acts and rules which are never practically implemented until and unless authorities intentionally want to harass some one.
But i wont recommend you to post youtube videos if something is being regulated because they say IGNORANCE TO LAW IS NO EXCUSE.
This is my opinion and others may sharply vary.

From Pen of
Ajaaybeer
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN