Regarding purchase period in new rule

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
aim1215
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Regarding purchase period in new rule

Post by aim1215 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Sir
Good morning

I want to ask you that
A person having valid arm license from 1991

Granted 1st weapon as a NP rifle

And 2nd weapon as
S/DBBL gun

If he possess n p rifle

And 2nd weapon is not purchased nor pp extended till today

Today in 2018 dm agreed to change the second weapon category from s/DBBL to Revolver/Pistol ,passes order also
But not giving pp to purchase hand gun says not possible due to new rule

Tell me new rule have retroscopic effect on time lapse or dm can give New time for 2 years for new category amended

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Regarding purchase period in new rule

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:51 pm

OK, so the arms license was granted in the year 1991, with an endorsement for 2 firearms, but only one (NP Rifle) was endorsed on it up to 2018.

Question, at the time of each renewal, was he charged renewal fee for the second empty slot (S/ DBBL Gun)? I mean were they renewing the purchase period along with the license?

Anyhow, if the DM has changed the category for the 2nd firearm from S/DBBL Gun to NP Revolver/ Pistol he / she would have to also endorse a purchase period along with that, if he/ she has not done so, then (per my understanding) by default it would be valid till the time of next renewal of license.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:25 pm

I have not read the new rules carefully, so I will not comment about the rules. But if the licensing authority has given new time for amended category, then regardless of the rules, where is your fault? So just get the firearm purchased, and endorsed on license with proper official sign and stamp as soon as possible.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

aim1215
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aim1215 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Sir ,see I gone through renewal entries at each time they charged for both weapons
Now if u go to purchase a arm to dealer or factory supplier ask for renewal and pp both
But as per new rule page 143 (rule18) pp can't be extended more than max 3 years
but it is not specified in rule that these 3 years condition will calculated from
1) issue of licence date
or 2)from new rule date
or 3)date when licensee apply for pp after new amendment in law
Please clarify

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm

In the above case you would be correct in stating the pp as the date up to which the license is valid (i.e. when it is due for renewal).
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein