Flying with a gun

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Flying with a gun

Post by mundaire » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:56 pm

I've signed up on a few newsletters, one of which is the one from www.suarezinternational.com (run by Gabriel Suarez). This month's edition started off with a short article on "Flying with a gun", I'm posting it here as it does seem to offer some useful tips.
FLYING WITH A GUN

I get many calls about students who want to come to class but are afraid of flying with their guns. Listen guys, take advantage of every training opportunity as we don't know what is coming up for this nation in the next couple of years. I can see Hillary the Witch or Obama Bin Ladin trying to regulate everything...including "Military Style Assault Training".

So here is what you do. Get a nice lockable Pelican type case and get a couple of TSA locks. Get another set for you actual luggage. I know, I know...TSA could theoretically steal your gun. It has never happened to me since TSA has been in business.

When you check in, do not act nervous and practice what you will say. Act like you do this weekly and like you own the place. Tell the lady you have "AN UNLOADED FIREARM TO DECLARE". She will probably give you a slip and not ask again about it, or she will ask to see it. (least likely of all).

When she asks if you have any ammo, she means "IN THE BAG WITH THE GUN". Put it in a nice safe place in the factory box. You should not be flying with anything more than your street meat ammo anyway. Ammoman.com and other companies will ship your ammo ahead for you, or make arrangements to get it on scene when you arrive..

Again, TSA locks all around to avoid delays. When you walk the bag over to TSA, tell the TSA guy that you have "AN UNLOADED AND DECLARED FIREARM" in it. It will go to the front of the line and when its cleared you will be on your way. They may want to look inside. They open my bags about 1/3 of the time.

Simple.

A keynote - don't try to be the super-helpful nice guy and volunteer all kinds of information, or ask too many questions. If you ask any questions of a government employee the answer will always be "NO". Keep that in mind.. Keep your trap shut, answer the questions you are asked...exactly those questions - as they are asked - and nothing else.

Save the gun tag for the return flight and simply ask the attendant on the return flight that you "NEED ANOTHER TAG" for the bag in question to minimize explanations. Act like you know what you are doing and have done it 10,000 times and it will go very easy.

Have a nice trip...see you in class.
Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:21 pm

Abhijeet

I have seen this work at the airport the person was polite, to the point and only in the end he mentioned he worked for Security Services. Nice tips though

Best