swordsmithing

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
dhanoni l
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

swordsmithing

Post by dhanoni l » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:29 am

I am a swordsmith since the age of 10....i am really passionate about it and I would like to start an YouTube channel on sword making...is this advisable? will the cops be looking for me?

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: swordsmithing

Post by mundaire » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Swords come under Section 4 of the Arms Act 1959 (arms other than firearms). I'm not sure how things have changed after the new Arms Rules 2016 have come into force, but I would think that so long as the blades are not sharpened, they would not/ should not be counted as arms at all.

For absolute clarity you would be best advised to file an RTI with Internal Security-II branch, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi... they are the ones who deal with the Arms Act and it's implementation for the Government of India.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein