Arms License for .22 Air Rifle

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
sanjip
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Arms License for .22 Air Rifle

Post by sanjip » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Does anybody in this forum has obtained an arms license for .22 air rifle?

I purchased an Indian air rifle of .22 bore much before the new rule was made public in July 2016. On inquiring at my local police station I was given an application form for fire arms that requires along with many other criteria, a certificate from a competent authority certifying that the applicant is trained in shooting (read fire arms). It is very expensive to become a member of a rifle club and get training and God knows when one will be given that certificate!

Would like to know what other members, already possessing a .22 air rifle, advise or suggest about this matter.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Arms License for .22 Air Rifle

Post by Basu » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Nothing is clear.....better to go for .177.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Sridhar675
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sridhar675 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Should I take the Air Rifle Sport more and go to the Coaching Institute, should I take a license under the .177 Air Rifle Coy?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 am

sanjip wrote:Would like to know what other members, already possessing a .22 air rifle, advise or suggest about this matter.
Before panicking and running to the police station etc., I would like to ask whether have you verified the following -

1. If the new arms rules have been approved by both houses of Parliament to the satisfaction of Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959? May read more here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24511&p=251657#p251657

2. If Central Government notification No. G.S.R 991 dated 13-7-1962, the part related to air guns has been in any way withdrawn or modified? May read the notification here http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... 335#p50363

If answer to any of the above two is no, then instead of panicking, isn't it better to contact your members of Parliament requesting them to ensure the new arms rules do not get approved, and wait and watch?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992