its legal to kill someone in self defence?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
FPSguy88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

its legal to kill someone in self defence?

Post by FPSguy88 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:56 pm

if some bad guys on bike try to shoot me and i also got a firearm and i shoot them and they died so it would be legal or it would recognize as murder?

just asking cause bad guys always do this to leftists and liberals.

For Advertising mail webmaster
indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: its legal to kill someone in self defence?

Post by indiaone » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:29 pm

The circumstances under which the Citizen of India ia allowed to kill are prescribed Under Sections 96 to Section 106 of the Indian Penall Code. This has been discussed a number of times elsewhere in this forum, so I am not repeating the same in order to save space. You can obtain details from the Internet go through carefully before exercising your right under these sections.It is preferable to incapaciate the opponent instead of killing him if the situation so allowes.50 years ago, my grandfather taught me that in self defence situation, I should target the belly of the opponent for a sure hit, as it is the largest target of the human body.He also told me the preferred handgun should be at least a .38 special or .45 express as they have respectable stopping power. In the case of 12 bore guns, the preferance was for 3 inch Eley Alphamex LG if gun is of choked barrel, other wise to use Lethal Ball in ordinasy guns.This is all part of history now, the handguns described above are PB and the cartridges are banned.So today the best choise is is a .32 revlover, as a pistol may jam at the time of crisis,

Added in 7 minutes 43 seconds:
The circumstances under which the Citizen of India ia allowed to kill are prescribed Under Sections 96 to Section 106 of the Indian Penall Code. This has been discussed a number of times elsewhere in this forum, so I a not repeating the same in order to save space. You an obtain details from the Internet go through carefully before exercising your rugt underthese sections.It is preferable to incapaciate the opponent instead of killing him if the situation so allowes.50 years ago, my grandfather taught me that in self defence situation, I should target the belly fo the opponent for a sure hit, as it is the largest target of the human body.He also told me the preferred handgun should be at least a .38 special or .45 express as they have respectable stopping power. In the case of 12 bore guns, the preferance was for 3 inch Eley Alphamex LG if gun is of choked barrel, other wise to use Lethal Ball in ordinasy guns.This is all part of history now, the handguns described above are Pb and the cartridges are banned.

FPSguy88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by FPSguy88 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 pm

what about using .50 BMG in semi auto shotgun? it can stop someone or its do like rambo?

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:43 pm

The circumstance must be proved in the court without any doubt that it is an act of pure self defence.If he has no other choice to avoid the situation.For example, if a victim who runs beyond a police station, he loses his point of self defence at the court.Murder is a homicide plus the motive to kill. If there is no motive to kill the person, then there is no offence made, according to the law
With regards,
vsraja

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:45 pm

FPSguy88 wrote:what about using .50 BMG in semi auto shotgun? it can stop someone or its do like rambo?
.50BMG is a rifle cartridge and can only be used in a rifle chambered for that cartridge.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:08 am

Vikram wrote:
FPSguy88 wrote:what about using .50 BMG in semi auto shotgun? it can stop someone or its do like rambo?
.50BMG is a rifle cartridge and can only be used in a rifle chambered for that cartridge.
To add to what Vikram said.
If you somehow are able to get a .50 BMG cartridge to fire in any shotgun, you will most likely only get one shot off.
After the primer ignites on that cartridge, you will quite likely be left with a shotgun in pieces, lacerated hands and innocent bystanders injured by splinters or flying pieces of metal.
If the chamber gives way when the cartridge goes off, you won't have any self-defense problems anymore.... or any other problems.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

FPSguy88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by FPSguy88 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:26 pm

well :agree: :stupid:

greenrifle
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by greenrifle » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:02 am

FPSguy88 wrote:if some bad guys on bike try to shoot me and i also got a firearm and i shoot them and they died so it would be legal or it would recognize as murder?

I would say if you are a leftist or liberal just do RIGHT things it will save you cost for ammo

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

FPSguy88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by FPSguy88 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:07 pm

greenrifle wrote:
FPSguy88 wrote:if some bad guys on bike try to shoot me and i also got a firearm and i shoot them and they died so it would be legal or it would recognize as murder?

I would say if you are a leftist or liberal just do RIGHT things it will save you cost for ammo

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
well i will not gonna abandon my thoughts . whatever cost should i need to pay i will purchase bullets made from gold if i need it.

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:33 am

There is no point in having academic discussions while we are discussion a vital matter of public importance, the right of self defence. We should rather discuss this issue keeping in view the limitations and ground realities in India. The criminals in India are mostly armed with country made illegal weapons, majority of them being single shotters. Of late, they have been supplied with copies of normal pistols and revolvers capable of firing multiple shots. What type of ammunition they use? Mostly, 12 bore shot gun cartridge or, 303 rifle cartridges purchased in the gray market procured illegally from corrupt officials.
On the other side, the defender armed with a legal arm will be either a 12 bore gun or.32 pistol/revolver. A few may have rifles of 315or 30-06 caliber. One should make best use of the same while exercising the right of self defense.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:40 pm

Sage words, Indianone.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."