NOC required for J and K license?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Ashikho Peter
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

NOC required for J and K license?

Post by Ashikho Peter » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:06 pm

I got a new .22 rifle licence from J&K. Do i require NOC/authority letter from J&K, to purchase from any authorizes dealer any where in India?

For Advertising mail webmaster
dheeraj_1772
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: NOC required for J and K license?

Post by dheeraj_1772 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:38 am

What’s jurisdiction mentioned on License...??

kedarmarkale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kedarmarkale » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:55 am

Ashikho Peter wrote:I got a new .22 rifle licence from J&K. Do i require NOC/authority letter from J&K, to purchase from any authorizes dealer any where in India?
Its better u purchase from j and k if u have the uid no and a stamp on licence mentioning keep and carry all over india u can buy from anywhere

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi, if under the section 'Area within which the License is Valid' mentions All India then you can purchase your firearm anywhere in India. If it only mentions J&K State or some District of J&K State even then you can buy from outside J&K but you have get a permit to Purchase and Transport your firearm from Selling point to Place where License was issued. And one more important thing, you can only carry your .22 Firearm only in that respective place where your license was issued, that can be changed from Home Department, J&K Govt if you want.

billalhussann
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by billalhussann » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:48 am

Ashikho Peter wrote:I got a new .22 rifle licence from J&K. Do i require NOC/authority letter from J&K, to purchase from any authorizes dealer any where in India?
yes ofcourse you should consult to your Judicial clerk of your Jurducation

billalhussann
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by billalhussann » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:54 am

sir
Do u have any knowledge of blank gun license
i mean any new rule in written regarding blank gun

Ashikho Peter
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ashikho Peter » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi, if under the section 'Area within which the License is Valid' mentions All India then you can purchase your firearm anywhere in India. If it only mentions J&K State or some District of J&K State even then you can buy from outside J&K but you have get a permit to Purchase and Transport your firearm from Selling point to Place where License was issued. And one more important thing, you can only carry your .22 Firearm only in that respective place where your license was issued, that can be changed from Home Department, J&K Govt if you want.

My licence is of all India. I approach authorize dealer at Guwahati and Dimapur for purchasing but I was told that without NOC from where the the licence has been issued i.e J & K they can not sale to me. So what should I do to purchase?

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi Peter, I understand the situation now. The problem is, J&K is second in India for number of Arms Licenses issued and in past there have been lots of fake Arms Licences produced in J&K. There was one case in which License was issued to a person who was resident of Rajasthan but was shown resident of J&K on License. There were few cases in which fake licenses were produced by some people of J&K. One such firearm was captured in UP and case is still hot. Under these circumstances around ten Deputy Commissioners (DCs) have been barred from issuing Arms Licenses by the Home Secretary of J&K Govt. So it seems logical why arms dealer need NOC from you. If you want help I can ask few people what can be done.