Aspiring shooter

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
shorya_alone
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Aspiring shooter

Post by shorya_alone » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:29 pm

I have scored 477 point in 60th big bore nationals. Is I am qualified to be Aspiring shooter. Please guide me.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Aspiring shooter

Post by mundaire » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:36 am

The qualifying scores for aspiring shooter (for each discipline) are published on the NRAI website.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shorya_alone
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shorya_alone » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:36 am

Thanks sir for the reply. I have gone through NRAI website. For aspiring shooter mqs in mavalnakr is 237. For big bore national no qualifying scores for Aspiring shooter is mentioned and only 500 points for renowned shooters is mentioned. I have played nationals through wild card entry as I scored 227 in Mavlankar. I am not aspiring shooter as per mavlanakr as i havenot scored 237. But i have scored 477 in big bore national which is double of 237. So my query is can i obtain Aspiring shooter certificate on tnis ground. Please guide me sir.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:38 am

Hi Shorya,
This same question is bothering a lot of shooters just like you. As far as Big Bore is concerned,it appears the 'Aspiring Shooter List' is limited to those who have scored the required MQS in AIAGVM. For those who scored the Aspiring shooter MQS in Nationals, their names are not included in the Aspiring shooter list. The best thing to do would be to get in touch with the NRAI by phone or email and get a confirmation either way.
regards,
Anand

Saahir
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

ASPIRING SHOOTER

Post by Saahir » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:29 pm

THIS IS THE REVISED/AMENDED NORMS FOR DECLARATION OF “ASPIRING SHOOTER” AS PER APPROVAL OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF NRAI ON 23rd JULY 2016

in they add

Air weapon events are broad based and maximum number of shooters are participating in these events, hence no grace marks has been afforded to shooters applying for Arms license on the basis of their performance in air weapon events.

so wats that mean ?

if one qulify in air weapons event still one could not apply for arms license on the basis of his/her aspiring shooter certificate by NRAI ?
SHOOT LIKE A KING

Saahir
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Saahir » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:35 pm

Anand wrote:Hi Shorya,
This same question is bothering a lot of shooters just like you. As far as Big Bore is concerned,it appears the 'Aspiring Shooter List' is limited to those who have scored the required MQS in AIAGVM. For those who scored the Aspiring shooter MQS in Nationals, their names are not included in the Aspiring shooter list. The best thing to do would be to get in touch with the NRAI by phone or email and get a confirmation either way.
regards,
Anand

sir THIS IS THE REVISED/AMENDED NORMS FOR DECLARATION OF “ASPIRING SHOOTER” AS PER APPROVAL OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF NRAI ON 23rd JULY 2016

in they add

Air weapon events are broad based and maximum number of shooters are participating in these events, hence no grace marks has been afforded to shooters applying for Arms license on the basis of their performance in air weapon events.

so wats that mean ?

if one qulify in air weapons event still one could not apply for arms license on the basis of his/her aspiring shooter certificate by NRAI ?
SHOOT LIKE A KING