Appeal for rejected Gun license - Tamilnadu

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Yuvaraj Kandasamy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Appeal for rejected Gun license - Tamilnadu

Post by Yuvaraj Kandasamy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:58 pm

Hello friends

My arms license was rejected in namakkal district - Tamilnadu and i have appealed to Commissioner of Revenue Administration CRA Chennai. I came to know that as per Arms act 2016 CRA don't have the power to deal with arms license appeal.
Is that the current status? and an new rule has been passed to give power to CRA for arms license appeal. Do any one know about the current position in this regard.
Thank you
yuva

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Appeal for rejected Gun license - Tamilnadu

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Please read Rule 105 under Chapter IX of Arms Rules 2016. If you are still unable to figure out who is appellate authority in your case, then ask the licensing authority itself.

Under Arms Rules 1962, appellate authority usually was the home secretary in the home department of State government. Since Arms Rules 2016 has not been approved by both houses of Parliament within 30 working days to the satisfaction of Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959, it has not acquired "force of law". Thus the Commissioner of Revenue Administration is most probably hesitant because he has no legal authority to function as Appellate Authority because Arms Rules 2016 has not been approved by both houses of Parliament within 30 working days to the satisfaction of Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959.

So technically Arms Rules 1962 is supposed to be still in force because Arms Rules 2016 has not been approved by both houses of Parliament within 30 working days to the satisfaction of Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959. If you are not able to understand what I am trying to say, please read Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959, you will understand what I mean to say.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Yuvaraj Kandasamy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Yuvaraj Kandasamy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 pm

thank you ji
i will see to it and ask clarify with you

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Mr.Kanasamy, CRA is the appellete authority in TN. In your rejected order, they must have mentioned the appellate authority and designation. So dont bother you are in the correct place

Yuvaraj Kandasamy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Yuvaraj Kandasamy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:11 pm

yes sir
in rejected order it has been mentioned to appeal to CRA and i even applied and got Acknowledgement. even after 2months no response from CRA side so i went there and asked. There they said that they are waiting for the new GO and all files are in Secretariat. New GO gave to come only then the file will move they said.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:34 pm

dont go personally, send reminders every month by Regd.Post nd see the effect. Your case will become legally strong later.

Yuvaraj Kandasamy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Yuvaraj Kandasamy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:01 pm

ok sir
i will send all communications via reg post
thank you

Rover solomon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana