Feel threaten by gun owner - what should I do?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Garry
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Feel threaten by gun owner - what should I do?

Post by Garry » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Dear all,

I do not own any fire arm. I recently started working on a property in Ludhiana and a person who live in our neghbour has a 32 bore gun which he apparently obtained legally. The problem is that he carries it to intimidate people and carries it openly and I personally really feel threatened by it. He has even fired one bullet openly towards sky one day ago. Looks like he has obtained the weapon by bribing officials and claims no fear of police. He is often no in sober condition and appears to be intoxicated. He also drives around the nighbourhood in his car playing loud music with his weapon . Since the time I have started the work in neighbor, I have seen him few times with gun in his hand. Now what should I do in this situation to make sure my life is safe. I can not leave my work as it is our property? I though about going to police, but I have am not sure if I will get any protection as the person has calmed that he payed bribes of 2 Lakhs to obtaine the fire arm.

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
Garry

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Feel threaten by gun owner - what should I do?

Post by Vikram » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:58 am

His behaviour does not seem ideal but what specific threatening behaviour did he display towards you to feel threatened? The things you wrote about him such as bribing police to get his license, etc., are hearsay. If he discharged his firearm within the city, then he broke the law. If you really think he threatened you in some manner, the best thing to do is to contact the police. That he has connections is irrelevant here. There is little you can do beyond going to the police.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:18 am

HI Garry,

There's a old saying "Barking dogs do not bite", therefore please do not be intimidated by this neighbor, fear generates terror in our mind, and generally we are more scared by what our mind tells us, than what it actually is. There must be a lot more people living in the area, do all of them feel scared by this neighbor ? If yes, then collectively report this guy to the Police , if not, then maybe it's just in your mind, please calm yourself and don't worry.

Best wishes
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 am

Garry wrote:I do not own any fire arm. I recently started working on a property in Ludhiana and a person who live in our neghbour has a 32 bore gun which he apparently obtained legally. The problem is that he carries it to intimidate people and carries it openly and I personally really feel threatened by it. He has even fired one bullet openly towards sky one day ago. Looks like he has obtained the weapon by bribing officials and claims no fear of police. He is often no in sober condition and appears to be intoxicated. He also drives around the nighbourhood in his car playing loud music with his weapon . Since the time I have started the work in neighbor, I have seen him few times with gun in his hand. Now what should I do in this situation to make sure my life is safe. I can not leave my work as it is our property? I though about going to police, but I have am not sure if I will get any protection as the person has calmed that he payed bribes of 2 Lakhs to obtaine the fire arm.
Law goes by evidence and not by feelings. What real evidence do you have to back your claims that he threatened you? Any eyewitness? Any audio visual recording? If no then first collect evidence.

Most importantly, he is your neighbor, is it wise to get into legal or illegal quarrels or fights with your neighbor? Personally getting into fight with neighbors would be last thing in my mind. I would try my level best to live peacefully and amicably with all the neighbors. Is he also feeling "threatened" by a new entrant in the locality and doing these antics to display who is "the boss" in the locality? Is it possible to remove his fears in a friendly manner? Is it possible to be friendly with him, still keeping reasonable distance so that he may not become over friendly? Can your family elders play some positive role in diffusing the tension? All these questions and many more questions you need to discuss with yourself, your family and elders.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992